1. (95% ) Coordinates and administers all details for the purchase of goods and services.
• Assists departments and elected offices in the development of specifications for various types of procurements for goods and services.
• Prepares and facilitates the process for Invitation for Bids (IFBs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and Requests for Quotes (RFQs).
• Performs market research, vendor interest, and posts solicitation opportunities on various portals.
• Facilitates and conducts bid openings. Facilitates pre-bid and pre-proposal site visits, and selection committee meetings. Reviews bids and proposals for responsiveness and legal compliance. Conducts vendor debriefs.
• Facilitates the selection and evaluation of bids and proposals by the selection committee.
• Acts as the liaison with vendors during the solicitation process and facilitates all relevant communications.
• Prepares Notices of Award, Notices to Proceed and Board of County Commissioner agendas for recommendations of award.
• Negotiates routine contracts and change orders with contractors and suppliers.
• Assists the Procurement and Contracts Director in the development procurement policies.
• Prepares procurement documents, including contracts, solicitations, and change orders. Ensures appropriate documentation is available for audit and/or public information purposes.
• Collaborates with and conveys information to all internal procurement staff as well as departments.
• Conducts research on product availability, prices, and best practices.
• Makes recommendations as to the appropriateness of terms and conditions for projects to ensure that the solicitation process is compliant with all federal, state, and local procurement laws.
• Monitors contract performance and makes recommendations to the Procurement and Contracts Director based upon performance measures.
• Act as liaison with vendors; contacts vendors regarding changes on orders in progress; investigates and resolves discrepancies between purchase orders and invoices; ensures timely delivery and compliance of contract terms.
2. (5%) Coordinates the disposal of County surplus, salvage, or used materials, equipment or supplies.
• Oversees and manages the disposal of surplus property process in accordance with the Garfield County Procurement Code.
3. Perform other duties of a similar or related level as necessary or assigned.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or relevant field preferred.
Minimum Experience: 3 years of experience in procurement and data entry, working with computerized purchasing/procurement systems; Proficient in complex computer software applications and data processing/management.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver’s license
Qualified candidates should submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume. Follow link to apply online https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5054389
Name: Renne Franco