• Purchases materials, services, construction, professional services, food, supplies and equipment through formal procurement methods including invitation to bid and request for proposal. Work may involve complex procurement methods such as multi-step solicitations.
• Develops plans and controls for purchasing transactions such as master schedules of projects for recurring bid requirements.
• Responsible for preparing and reviewing District contracts, contract change orders and addenda to ensure compliance with District, state and federal rules and regulations. Develops plans and controls to maintain District contracts and contract files. Contract types may include personal/professional services, construction, maintenance services, goods and materials, intergovernmental agreements, leases, settlement agreements, and software.
• Advises internal clients regarding purchasing procedures and policies and assists in identifying solutions for procurement issues.
• Oversees travel for staff – assisting with making reservations and arrangements as needed.
• Oversees vendor information, updates as necessary and maintains information.
• Manages credit applications
• Manages credit card processes including applications, configuration and issuance.
• Interprets and applies rules, policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to purchasing matters. Develops and prepares recommendations regarding new and revised procedures.
• Maintains overview of purchasing procedures as they relate to the Attorney General’s model rules. Reviews and recommends changes to Administrative Rules as appropriate, and monitors for compliance to public purchasing laws.
• Ensures bidders list is continuously maintained so that it provides qualified and responsive vendors and suppliers.
• Serves as a resource to and liaison between supervisor and other employees, vendors and the general public.
• Conducts studies, research, and evaluations pertaining to administrative problems, projects, and assigned area of responsibility.
• Prepares reports for School Board meetings.
• Arranges, organizes, and conducts in-service training or meetings with appropriate district staff.
• Supervises purchasing staff; assigns, coordinates, and reviews work of others.
Any combination of education, experience, and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities. A representative way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
o Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Paralegal Studies (or related area) required, and
o Four years of progressively responsible public purchasing experience in contract development, negotiation, and administration in a setting involving large volume purchases of a wide variety of products and services; including two years of experience in coordinating purchasing activities and the work of others preferred, K-12 experience preferred.
• Professional procurement certification (such as CPPB) required and must be maintained.
• Knowledge of current purchasing terminology, techniques, and practices including competitive procurement methods, knowledge of laws related to public bidding and contracting and ability to interpret and explain, laws, policies, and procedures such as procurement laws, prevailing wage and Davis Bacon requirements.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated through:
o Ability to follow oral and written directions;
o Ability to write clear, concise, and grammatically correct solicitations, contracts, and related business correspondence; ability to prepare complex analysis and reports;
o Ability to communicate effectively in meetings, e-mail, one-on-one, presentations, and ability to work collaboratively in teams.
• Excellent computer skills including using enterprise resource planning software and Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, and Access) required.
• Ability to apply bookkeeping and accounting principles to the maintenance of fiscal records.
• Valid driver's license.
• Ability to work independently, prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines while maintaining high degree of accuracy, organization, and attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information related to personnel, district financial, collective bargaining, and legal matters.
• Ability to work harmoniously with others including district personnel, vendors and businesses.
• Develop and maintain procedural systems and controls.
• Analyze problems and develop and implement plans and procedures.
• Coordinate and review the work of others.
• Train professional and technical staff.
• Maintain cooperative relations with other employees, vendors, and the general public and professionally represent the District.
Join our team! To apply submit a current resume, and cover letter at: https://daviddouglas.schoolrecruiter.net
Name: Patt Komar
Closing Date: November 30, 2022