DescriptionThe Procurement Office is a customer-focused leader in collaborative and creative sourcing solutions and contract life-cycle management that transforms local acquisition processes and benefit the students, faculty, and staff of UNT World by providing access to goods and services in a way that provide the greatest value. The UNT System Strategic Sourcing team is looking to hire a Strategic Sourcing Coordinator for UNT Dallas and UNT System. This position will coordinate and lead tactical sourcing efforts. Manage the implementation and administration of Strategic Sourcing projects as assigned by the Senior Director for Strategic Sourcing. This includes needs analysis, supply market analysis, developing and executing the sourcing strategy, negotiating and selecting suppliers, implementing the agreement, measuring results, and conducting periodic performance reviews with the vendor. Has authority to make decision recommendations to the Senior Director for Strategic Sourcing. Prepare highly technical and complex specifications, contracts and solicitation documents, including all related research and value analysis. Including: a. Thoroughly research and analyze solicitation requests and manage the development of the specifications that will be consistent with contract expectations, mitigates risk for the institution, and provides overall best value. b. Prepare request for proposals, competitive sealed bids, requests for quotations, requests for statements of qualifications, and other formal solicitation documents as required. c. Evaluate bids and proposals; review language and submittals (bonds/insurance) in contracts/agreements to ensure compliance with governing regulations and University policy, propose alternate language, and request revisions. Negotiate price and point of purchase discounts, sole source status, delivery or supply network(s), quantity, payment, scope of work, change orders, and perquisites unique to the department or vendor, etc. d. Monitor and evaluate current and potential vendor performance; determine level of compliance with established contractual obligations, end-user satisfaction, and service support networks/delivery and reputation, prepare reports as appropriate. Develop plans for service improvements and implement corrective actions as required. May determine the inclusion / exclusion of vendor(s) from future contracting status. Notify end-users of actions taken and rationale for doing so. Serves as an advocate of the UNT System Historically Underutilized Business Program. Collaborate with UNT System component institutions and other institutions, suppliers, group purchasing organizations, internal stakeholders and external organizations to design and implement creative solutions to supply chain issues and procurement system requirements and to provide best value to the institutions. Assist the Senior Director for Strategic Sourcing in providing visible leadership for change initiatives associated with strategic sourcing contracts, align procurement initiatives with the UNT System and campus strategic plans, and ensure that affected stakeholders are meaningfully consulted prior to the introduction of significant changes that affect their interests. As Campus Liaison to the Chief Financial Officer for the University of North Texas, establish a professional liaison relationship with the CFO or his/her designee. Provide first-line procurement and HUB Program assistance and information to the departments and employees of the University of North Texas. Some travel is required. Some remote work may be authorized. Primary duty location is Denton, TX but includes state-wide travel. Primary hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm but occasional evening and weekend work will be required. Other duties as assigned. The Procurement Office is a customer-focused leader in collaborative and creative sourcing solutions and contract life-cycle management that transforms local acquisition processes and benefit the students, faculty, and staff of UNT World by providing access to goods and services in a way that provide the greatest value.
Bachelors Degree Five years of procurement experience One current procurement certification required or attained within 12 months
- Knowledge of business practices related to strategic sourcing.
- Knowledge of contract sourcing, solicitation methods, and contract administration.
- Knowledge of laws, policies, and procedures governing State of Texas and federally funded procurement.
- Skill in researching and preparing highly complex specifications, scope of work, and contract documents.
- Skill in negotiating proposal submittals into effective and best value contracts.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to executives at the University President and Chief Financial Officer level while also being able to communicate the same concepts to entry-level employees.
- Ability to read, interpret, explain, and properly apply rules, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to develop effective and cooperative working relationships with other departments, employees, vendors, and other agencies.
- Ability to use judgment and initiative in making recommendations and resolving problems that are highly complex and sensitive in nature.
- Ability to establish schedules and to complete projects on a timely basis.
- Ability to successfully deal with all persons in a fair and equitable manner.
- Ability to make difficult decisions and award contracts impartially and objectively.
- Possess complete integrity and a high sense of personal and professional ethics. Preferred Qualifications:
- Public procurement experience
- State of Texas procurement experience
Please apply online at: https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/43169