This position executes Procurement related contract and insurance activity with external entities to the university. Serves as expert resource to internal customers. Partners closely with Legal Affairs and Risk Management to ensure that the university is protected. Duties include:
- Independently review and execute simple to moderately complex Procurement related contract and insurance documents to include recommendations on business terms, defined legal terms, independent contractor status, insurance, and terms negotiation with suppliers and contractors. May sometimes review and execute complex agreements. Works closely with manager and other units in Procure to Pay Services to ensure that policy and processes are in sync with contract review. Partners with Legal Affairs on non-standard terms and conditions and complex agreements or purchases. Effectively communicates with peers, division, campus, and external entities. Primary driver in the creation and maintenance of the insurance database to ensure compliance and enhance risk mitigation.
- Demonstrate knowledge with respect to procurement concepts, legal concepts, risk mitigation, policies and procedures on contract and insurance processes in P2P to include the maintenance of process documentation, decision matrices, and all repository development. Recommends and implements with approval ongoing streamlined processes, campus partnership opportunities, and strong control related concepts related to the execution and retention of related documents.
- Serves in an expert procurement and quasi legal consultative nature to colleges and business units in the execution of contracts for goods and services. Works with manager and units to streamline contract business processes to achieve cost compliance and efficiencies. Effectively anticipates customer needs and responds positively and proactively, developing strategies to assist the customer in carrying out their core functions. Maintains a culture of collaboration with peers, customers, and vendors. Positively influences as a catalyst of change.
- Acts as Contract Manager in that individual's absence This positions represents the university in a Quasi Legal capacity with significant ramifications for the university. Uses defined State of Ohio and Ohio University terms and conditions in varied situations. Consults with Legal Affairs outside of standard terms.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, or related field
- Minimum of 1 year contract/purchasing experience An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered
Please complete the online application and attach required documents. Required documents include a detailed cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three (3) professional references with current contact details, including email addresses. Position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by May 17, 2021 at the following link: https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/36995
Name: April Butterworth
Closing Date: May 17, 2021