The NASPO ValuePoint Project Manager is a newly created position which will be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective project management related to the development and administration of a wide variety of contract portfolios and other related projects. The Project Manager will work closely with the COO, Lead Coordinator, and each Cooperative Contract Coordinator assigned to individual portfolios, to develop timelines and planning documents, monitor and report on the development process, and quickly address any issues. NASPO ValuePoint currently has approximately 60 portfolios with over 400 individual Master Agreements for a wide variety of goods and services. Portfolios are refreshed/resolicited every few years on a staggered schedule, with a handful of new portfolios issued each year. At any given time, there may be over 20 portfolios in some phase of active solicitation/resolicitation. Primary duties and responsibilities are outlined below, and as a new position, will be refined over time by the NASPO CEO and NASPO ValuePoint COO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Project Manager will serve in a support role for a variety of projects identified by the CEO and COO. The primary focus will be to support Cooperative Contract Coordinators, who facilitate solicitation development with a Lead State (and other procurement professionals and Subject Matter Experts) to develop Master Agreements for use by state members and other public entities throughout the country. In consultation and coordination with the COO and the Cooperative Contract Coordinators, the Project Manager: o Develops and tracks Project Plans for each Portfolio initiative, focusing on objectives, timelines, roles and responsibilities (including loading and maintaining each Plan in a project management system). o Helps create a budget for portfolio development, implementation and ongoing administration. o Tracks the rollout of new portfolios, including supplier compliance with rollout requirements (marketing, website, communications, etc.). o Helps measure ValuePoint's responsiveness and customer service related to portfolio development by identifying key metrics vital to assessing and messaging performance related to portfolio development. o Identifies opportunities for process improvements and leads business process re-design and change management. o Identifies risks and liabilities related to successful project completion; and proposes tailored mitigation measures. o Achieves operational objectives by contributing recommendations to strategic plans. o Takes a lead role in developing and maintaining standardized processes, templates and other documents for use by the CCC's, Lead States, suppliers and participating entities related to project management. o Explores innovative uses of technology in coordination with the NASPO Technology Team to improve the process of portfolio development and administration. o Contributes to and maintains communication flows as directed by the COO, and provides regular reports to the CEO, COO, Lead Coordinator, CCCs, and Portfolio Lead State Contract Administrators, as determined by the COO. o May frequently travel to Sourcing Team meetings, Supplier Kickoffs and Supplier Reviews, as well as other events. o Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- At least 5 years' experience as a Project Manager.
- Experience working in or with the public sector.
- Experience with business process re-design and change management.
- Incredibly organized and able to work effectively either independently or in a group setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, public speaking, and written communications skills.
- Excellent public relations skills and abilities.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management Software.
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, business, supply chain management, marketing, or other related discipline.
- Public procurement experience (including experience as a Project Manager for public construction, IT or other service/system implementation contracts).
- Current PMP Certification or equivalent.
Application Process2-4 Weeks
Name: Wanda Pyle
Closing Date: July 27, 2021