Under the general supervision of the Assistant Purchasing Manager, performs specialized work in the purchase of goods and commodities, supplies, equipment, and services used by the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office. Work involves communication with vendors and officials of the agency on all aspects of procurement and requires a high degree of initiative, professionalism, and independent judgment in the purchasing process. SUPERVISES OTHERS: No ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews requisitions and specifications to obtain competitive quotations from vendors;
- Establishes working relationships with vendors through personal meetings and telephone contact; discusses and resolves problems regarding delayed delivery dates; returns damaged or incorrect items to vendors and processes necessary documents for credit; Responds to department user requests, inquiries and problems regarding procurement processes and provides the costs of items/goods/services; determines inventory stock levels, reordering procedures and sources purchases to appropriate vendors;
- Prepares and issues purchase orders to vendors; expedites orders when necessary. Provides procurement support and services for department users to determine means and methods for requesting and completing procurement orders of commodities, materials, supplies and equipment;
- Prepares requests for quotes and bid specifications based on organizational needs; writes and/or reviews technical specifications and contracts for purchase of goods and services in conformity with purchasing policies of the agency, the State of Florida, and Federal guidelines;
- Advertises formal bids and solicits quotations; determines when pre-bid conferences are required and presides over them;
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers to establish fee schedules and contract prices that are consistent with prevailing market conditions;
- Prepares documentation for contract awards, amendments, and change orders;
- Interprets contracts, warranty statements, terms/conditions, and legal documents;
- Reviews and forecasts market trends and perform price/cost analysis as necessary; Reviews historical data for each assigned commodity class and develops a plan to provide advantageous prices and expeditious delivery through an effective balance of term contracts, blanket purchase orders and open market purchases;
- Survey markets to determine best source, new sources, market conditions and trends.
- Implements and establishes training programs pertaining to procurement related functions and applications;
- Participates in Sheriff's Office recruitment and community relations activities as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS *Knowledge and experience in inventory management and control principles and practice * Associate's degree granted by an institution accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U. S. Dept. of Education. * Or four (4) years' experience in large scale buying or related field * Or equivalent combination of education and experience * Must possess a valid Florida driver's license * Consideration for this position requires a credit check Applicants must be tobacco/nicotine free for six months prior to submitting application and during length of employment.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office strives to provide our employees with the best benefits possible. Some of the benefits are Annual Leave (120 hours), Health Insurance, Wellness Incentives, and Education Assistance Program. Visit our website at https://www.pcsoweb.com/administration/human-resources/current-openings#CurrentOpenings to review the position and to apply. Follow all the instructions, answer the questions, hit submit and click on the link. Upon completion of your application, please send it as an attachment via email to Human_Resources@pcsonet.com. You will receive an acknowledgement email stating we are processing your application. The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office is an EEO/ADA employer and is committed to being a drug free workplace.
Name: Eric Vincent
Closing Date: February 22, 2021