Job Description: Texas Athletics' Procurement and Contracts team is seeking a team member (partner) who is energized by providing sound counsel and enjoys planning, execution, negotiations, and relationship management in the context of product and service procurements for Texas Athletics. The dynamic individual will partner strategically with other units and professionals to create and issue solicitations, planning documents, executive briefs, budgets, issue procurement documents and other work products that yield positive outcomes for Texas Athletics. This position will create requests for proposals, invitations to bid, quote requests, requests for qualifications and other bidding and contracting solutions for Texas Athletics.
Texas Athletics is a premiere NCAA Division I athletics program, which seeks an individual who can provide strategic sourcing options, revenue generation opportunities, procurement and data analysis for all procurement and contracting needs. This individual will handle Athletics procurement and contracting from inception through end of life of contract or purchase order. We strive to maximize diversity and inclusivity in our workforce and daily operations to align with the University's commitment to respecting all individuals and valuing each perspective experience. We seek out alternative viewpoints and respect the perspectives and experiences of individuals. Our work is enriched by welcoming diversity at all levels of our organization. Responsibilities 30% Partner with University professionals to engage in strategic sourcing, plan and execute needed procurements, create solicitations, evaluate vendor bids and strengths / weaknesses, and support negotiations for vendor selection. Apply and comply with all procurement requirements, which apply to The University of Texas at Austin. 30% With the Athletics Procurement Team, create and finalize all procurement methods available to purchase goods and services, engage in sponsorship opportunities, and revenue generation opportunities for Texas Athletics. The position will create, issue, manage the entire purchasing process from issuance of requests for proposals, invitations to bid, quote requests or other bidding mechanisms through execution of purchase order or contract through the life cycle of the contract. The position will issue purchase orders and contracts for procurements that support the interests of Texas Athletics, minimize administrative overhead, provide needed services, negotiate excellent terms and conditions, and exercise forward and strategic thinking and data analysis. 20% Manage active contracts and purchase orders on an ongoing basis, monitoring compliance with contract requirements, contract expenditures, and end and renewal due dates, and prepare renewals, amendments, and closeout documentation as necessary. Provide expert guidance and consultation to Texas Athletics, Business Contracts, Historically Underutilized Business, and Procurement and Payment Services regarding procurement, spend analysis, opportunities and budget planning. 20% Create and analyze data regarding procurement and revenue generation. Draft executive briefs and other communication content and reports as requested. Other related functions as assigned.
- Expertise and experience in procurement and contracting - including but not limited to drafting and finalizing competitive solicitation documents, evaluating vendor bids and strengths/ weaknesses, leading stakeholders through requirements development, scoring, and selection, and negotiations for ultimate vendor selection.
- Demonstrated experience regarding creation and analysis of spend data as well as contract creation, contract negotiation and contract drafting and contract management.
- Expertise in preparing high quality, comprehensive competitive procurement solicitations (e.g., RFPs, Quote Requests, Requests for Information) as well as utilizing group purchasing organizations and executive briefs
- Demonstrated ability to assess vendor bid options and strategically shape direction.
- Experience planning, developing, and monitoring project and operational budgets.
- Ability to collaborate, coordinate, and communicate, effectively with internal clients, stakeholders, and internal business partner organizations.
- High proficiency with office productivity tools such as MS Office Suite.
- High proficiency in oral and written communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
Education: Bachelor's degree. Attention to detail and excellent customer service skills. Three years of experience in negotiating and drafting contracts and performing spend analysis. Ability to work in a professional manner as both a self-starter and a team member. Strong business process skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational skills. Proficient at Microsoft Office Products, Access, Docusign, and the Internet. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate, including contract manager certification (CTCM or CTCD) which may be earned within 12 months of obtaining position.
- Experience preparing and completing competitive procurements for Athletic programs for a division one institution of higher education.
- Experience preparing and completing competitive procurements for state government or public higher education institutions, including issuance through award of requests for proposals, invitations to bid, quote requests, requests for qualifications and other bidding mechanisms.
- Strong experience in creating purchase orders and contracts and managing contracts and purchase orders through their life cycle.
- Extensive experience analyzing spend data and negotiating complex and strategic procurements.
Travel Required: Less than 5%.
Working Conditions: Work within standard office conditions. Repetitive use of a keyboard at workstation is required. Conversing on the phone throughout the day. Climbing stairs is required. Ability to work with a scanner, computer and copier throughout the day. Lift, carry and file paper files. Use of manual dexterity. Security and confidentiality sensitivity. Criminal background check will be conducted. Continuously work with a high volume of contracts and purchase order with short pressure of deadlines. Working more than forty hours per week may be required. Work in shared office space with noise and other distractions.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org