DescriptionUnder supervised direction, performs professional work of advanced difficulty in the technical and administrative functions of the purchasing activities of the organization, including purchasing and contract administration. This position is responsible for the procurement of Information Technology commodities and services. Work is performed within established policies and procedures and in accordance with applicable state and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations. Assignments are performed with independence requiring the exercise of sound judgement and initiative. Direction is received from the Budget and Business Services Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Public Administration, Business Law, Finance, Purchasing, or related field. Minimum three (3) years progressively responsible experience in purchasing and/or contract management.
- Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM); Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB); Florida Certified Contract Manager (FCCM) or equivalent certification desirable.
- Strong understanding or background in Information Technology contracts and procurements highly desirable.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public procurement, including value analysis (e.g. cost-reduction, cost avoidance, total cost of ownership) and the techniques of specification and contract writing.
- Advanced knowledge and skills with computers, including common office software and productivity tools.
- Ability to read, interpret, explain and properly apply rules, regulations, laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to use judgment and make recommendations; resolve complex problems and meet established timelines.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, including the ability to convey complex and technical subjects in a clear, concise and positive manner.
- Successfully pass a Level II background screening as required by Ch. 435 Florida Statutes
- Possess a valid driver's license and/or access to reliable transportation
Please Submit Resumes by Monday, March 15, 2021 to: Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County, Attn: Human Resources Dept. 14155 58th Street N. Clearwater, FL 33760 email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 727-453-5610 Website: www.jwbpinellas.org
Name: Diana Carro
Closing Date: March 15, 2021