DescriptionThis role performs lead work and complex professional procurement and contracting support services while assisting the manager with special projects related to the development or review of statements of work for RFPs, vendor contacts, contract negotiations, and other highly complex tasks. Document and record process in Workday, update and maintain training materials. Keep procurement processes in Workday consistent with county policy and procedures. Reviews purchase requests to ensure compliance with established policies, procedures and legal requirements; approves purchase orders, invitations for bids and requests for proposals as authorized; obtains clarification on specifications from Divisions/Offices, as needed; prepares written bids and requests for proposals; reviews and evaluates vendors' written bids and proposals to determine compliance with stated specifications and conditions; performs contract negotiations, when needed; participates in vendor selections and recommendations as required; administers the contract routing process for goods and services acquired through the competitive process. Conducts pre-bid conferences and public bid openings.
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related discipline
- Six years of purchasing related work experience
- Equivalent Preferred:
- Government Purchasing Experience
- Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council within four years. (This certification requires an Associate Degree).
- Colorado Driver's License within 30 days of hire.
Apply at the following link https://jefferson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Golden/Purchasing-Agent-Sr_R-1222