OCCUPATIONAL SUMMARY Creates solicitations, including but not limited to request for quotes, request for proposals, invitations to bid and invitations to negotiate according to Federal, State and Board guidelines; when necessary, monitors contracts, purchases and sales of several diverse categories of supplies, equipment and services.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
1. Creates solicitations, coordinates requirements with originating departments, writes and evaluates specifications, conducts bid openings as needed, evaluates bids, prepares bids for award, including the completion of board item(s), if applicable, and issues and monitors contracts.
2. Assists with vendors’ post-solicitation debriefs, problems and protests. Coordinates with the School Board Attorney’s Office, originating departments, and Accounts Payable on all vendors’ problems.
3. Supervises contract purchases within own buying area, including the buying of supplies, equipment and services; analyzes and compares prices with market trends, economy and availability of products and services.
4. Facilitates the request for quotes bidding process.
5. Ensures accurate representation for all Certified Firm goals and incentives, in accordance with Board Policy 6320.02 and Goal Setting Committee recommendation. This includes accurate calculation of Price Preference incentives, Bonus Points, Local Preference and Pre-Approved Vendor List rotations.
6. Facilitates contract amendments and/or contract extensions that may be needed as stated within the respective bid/contract, while leading market research to justify execution of an extension or re-issuing the solicitation.
7. Ensures active and accurate use of the District's contract management software to ensure compliance with terms and conditions of each solicitation and/or contract.
8. Provides customer service and technical guidance to individual school sites, departmental personnel and vendor outreach events for those categories assigned to the buying area.
9. Facilitates regular meetings with originating department to review contract spend and vendor performance.
10. Generates electronic reports illustrating current contracts, expiration dates and spend analysis.
11. Utilizes an on-line procurement management system to process shopping carts/requisitions and/or purchase orders.
12. Supervises and trains assigned staff.
13. Performs other duties related to the general administrative responsibilities of the position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS This work requires the following physical activities: sitting, mobility, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity. The work is performed primarily indoors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelor's degree in related field and/or equivalent experience in procurement/purchasing and/or contract management.
2. Professional certifications in at least one of the following areas required or an approved plan to achieve such certification within two years from date of employment: Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) by Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC), or Certified Procurement Professional (CPP) by the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. (NIGP).
3. Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
Please attach a RESUME, COVER LETTER and TWO PROFESSIONAL LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION (signed and dated within one year) to your online profile: Please use the following link to apply and submit required documents for this position: http://jobs.dadeschools.net/Apply.asp
Name: Mr. Jorge Rubio, District Director
Closing Date: August 1, 2022