Performs professional/technical work, including procurement of commodities and services, fixed asset tracking and auditing, coordination of formal bids and other solicitations, management of evaluation committees, and Fleet Fueling administration.
• Reviews purchase requisitions for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with purchasing policies. Trains Departments on appropriate requisitioning procedures.
• Coordinates formal quote/bid process for supplies, commodities and/or services exceeding the City’s quote threshold.
• Communicates with vendors by all available means using technology to its greatest advantage.
• Researches and validates items available via other City, County and State contracts. Provides research on specifications/available contracts, when required.
• Communicates with employees, department heads, and vendors to resolve acquisition problems.
• Obtains written quotes, as required by City’s purchasing policies.
• Uses the computerized purchasing system and maintains vendor files.
• Administers bid process and maintains data base for online bid listings; coordinates bid openings.
• Prepares terms and conditions related to procurements for staff and legal review.
• Participates in pre-commencement and pre-construction meetings with City Departments and other external stakeholders.
• Uses computerized Fleet Fueling System and maintains periodic transaction records.
• Coordinates usage of inactive storage space.
• Manages Fixed Asset disposals and transfers; coordinates tagging of Fixed Assets.
• Assists in training City employees on purchasing procedures.
• Assists in review of contracts and terms presented to City.
• Studies procurement industry best-practices and assists in implementation of approved new purchasing procedures.
Education and Experience
• Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Procurement/Finance/Accounting/background preferred. (A comparable amount of training or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Licenses, Certifications or Registrations:
• Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license.
• Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), or equivalent, required.
• Certified Professional Public Officer (CPPO), or equivalent, preferred
Please complete an employment application on the City of Oldsmar website at www.myoldsmar.com
Name: Michelle Kutch
Closing Date: September 30, 2023