Assists the Purchasing Manager in citywide purchasing function for goods, services, construction, architectural, and engineering professional services. Assists in planning, supervising, and coordinating procurement activities among the City's various departments. Serves as the primary contract administrator for the City.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The list of duties and functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the type of tasks performed within this classification. They are not listed in any order of importance. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position. The incumbent shall provide highly responsible professional and technical work providing contract administration support for a centralized purchasing operation, which includes:
- Drafting, managing and monitoring public procurement documents resulting in formal contractual agreements.
- Duties include the technical review of contracts and agreements provided to the City and preparation of contracts and agreements issued by the City.
- The incumbent provides technical expertise and analysis concerning contractual language and specifications.
- Work requires the exercise of independent judgment in the monitoring and managing of various vendor contracts and the resolution of problems and issues relative to contractual and other agreements.
- Communicates both orally and in writing with vendors, contractors, city user agencies and other governmental agencies.
- The employee is under the general supervision of the Purchasing Manager and work is reviewed while in progress through observation, conferences, reports submitted and results obtained in order to ensure conformance with established goals, policies and procedures.
- The employee maintains an electronic contract and lease registry and comprehensive list of all assigned contractual agreements; notifies contract holders of forthcoming/past due to obligations and document responses; monitors project progress, reviews and recommends approval or withholding of interim and final payment.
- Develops, maintains and administratively monitors procurement agreements, including management of contract renewal requirements.
- Reviews and monitors compliance with annual contractual requirements, including requirements related to grants, if applicable, and requests vendors to provide documentation to verify contract compliance.
- Conducts field inspection of vendors as appropriate and monitors departmental contract performance; notifies parties of any contract issues.
- Coordinates with Purchasing Manager and legal staff to implement, review and administer special contractual conditions for protection of the City;
- Coordinates with applicable agencies for technical assistance on projects as required. Coordinates with state, county, and federal offices on applicable contractual obligations, including compliance with grant requirements when applicable.
- Identifies areas where there are no existing contracts and facilitates implementation of such contracts; initiate special amendments to contracts.
- Analyzes requests for extensions or amendments to existing contracts and make recommendations of approval or alternative solutions to management.
- Researches best practices in the industry and promotes their implementation.
- Reviews analyze and evaluate financial implications and risks associated with the terms and conditions of City agreements.
- Participate in negotiations and documents lightweight terms of agreements as needed.
- May be required to perform Contract Compliance review/audits of selected contracts.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of public/governmental contract administration and management.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal, State and local laws pertaining to purchasing, contracts (including construction contracts) and contract compliance as well as compliance with grant requirements related to purchasing.
- Considerable knowledge of the functions, organization, and administration of governmental organizations.
- Considerable knowledge of large-scale purchasing methods and procedures in a wide variety of commodities and services.
- Knowledge of computers and computerized purchasing systems.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to monitor and administer regulatory material pertaining to contracts.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in interpreting City and departmental Policies, Rules and Regulations.
- Ability to analyze, solve problems, render advice and assistance on contractual matters.
- Ability to conduct investigations to determine contract compliance.
- Ability to communicate persuasively and effectively.
- Ability to present ideas and findings clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City staff, contract vendors and the general public.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), or Certified Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB) preferred.
- 3 years' experience with contract preparation, review, and management
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: CANDIDATES MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 BY THE START OF EMPLOYMENT.
Submit official City online application and required attachments to: https://oaklandpark.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities/default.aspx
Name: KERRI FISHER
Closing Date: February 18, 2022