Manage full realm of procurements, assist user agencies research, analyzing and writing scope of work, perform market surveillance and market analysis supporting the advertising of Informal and formal Invitation For Bids (IFB) for specialized services and technology categories. May include leading and or assisting with small Request Non-Professional Request for Proposal (RFP). Responsible for developing cost and price analyses, working with various agency on requirements master blanket contracting for various goods and service. When applicable serve as lead procurement in conducting pre-bid conference, managing the solicitation evaluation process, negotiating contract terms and conditions. Responsible for preparing letter for submission to the Board of Estimates for authority approval.
- Develops solicitations to be advertised, conducts pre-bid meetings on advertised solicitations, prepares and issues addenda, and conducts post-award meetings
- Initiates and inputs purchase orders, change orders, modifications, and contract releases and processes contract renewals, extensions, assignment or any other actions
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions and determines the most appropriate procurement method to be utilized Â· Researches and develops contract specifications including performance and acceptance standards, minimum qualification of bidders, and payment terms for procurement of services and commodities
- Reviews and evaluates bids for responsibility and responsiveness, and recommends contract actions (e.g. contract awards, bid rejections)
- Conducts market research for specification development, pricing, resources, and alternative solutions for requests
- Responds to routine inquiries from various sources regarding procurements
Duties also included:
- Review and analyze release and open market requisitions from end user departments;
- Review and evaluate Non-Competitive Procurement Justification Forms for appropriateness from end using department for Sole and Select Source procurements;
- Prepare and submit CPA Request Forms;
- Review and apply change orders;
- Conduct informal electronic bids in the eProcurement system;
- Analyze informal bids and make recommendations;
- Conduct Pre-Bid meeting when required;
- Assist in contract preparation with Law Department;
- Assist in problem solving with suppliers and end user department;
- Prepares BOE Letters and BOE Summary Forms;
- Processes requisitions, bids in accordance with processing goals.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 2 years of procurement experience including procurement planning and solicitation preparation, contract development, negotiation, and contract administration, with expertise in the procurement of at least one of the following: professional services; information technology; utilities; building services; equipment; or commodities.
- Take and pass the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (UPPCC) test for certification as a Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) within four (4) years of hiring; failure to pass the test for certification and maintain certification are grounds for dismissal. *Preferred Certified Public Procurement Buyer (CPPB) or Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO).
Please visit the City of Baltimore website to see the job announcement and to submit your application: https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/3262363-0/procurement-specialist-i-department-of-finance?keyword=procurement&location=Baltimore%2C+MD&pagetype=searchPage
Name: Dept. Of Human Resources
Closing Date: October 28, 2021