PURPOSE OF POSITION The Contract and Compliance Administrator will assist SCRRA departments with the development of new solicitations and contracts and will provide guidance in the ongoing administration of a variety of contracts for construction, operations, maintenance, and professional services. DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS This is the entry level in the Contract and Compliance Administrator series. At this level, assignments are generally limited in scope and are performed within a procedural framework established by higher-level employees. SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED
- Receive general oversight from senior staff, Director or Executive level roles.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The duties listed below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
- Administer and monitor contracts to ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations, as well as SCRRA Policies and Procedures.
- Assist with planning of procurements and setting pre-award schedules for contracts including Board actions.
- Request quotes and prepare solicitation documents for Invitations for Bids, Requests for Proposals, and Requests for Qualifications.
- Assist in coordination of Pre-Bid/Proposal meetings to present the projects and solicitations to potential bidders/proposers.
- Prepare draft award recommendations and Board Reports.
- Conform final contract documents and blanket purchase orders.
- Prepare required reports and correspondence.
- Attend various meetings, including pre-Bid/Proposal conferences and post-award debriefings.
- Assist in the contract standardization process.
- Monitor all aspects of contract compliance.
- Serve as a liaison between contractors, other departments, and other outside entities as required and assist in resolving conflicts between contractors and SCRRA.
- Assist with issuing Task Orders and Guaranteed Maximum Price preparation.
- Process approvals per assigned delegation of authority.
- Review contractor invoices for contractual compliance.
- Conduct closeout actions upon contract completion such as final audit, payment, release of committed funds etc., under direction of Agency Management.
- Contribute to the advancement of SCRRA's goals through commitment to productive collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Assist in negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Process purchasing requisitions and prepare purchase orders.
- Prepare items for review in coordination with senior staff.
- Review, approve, and negotiate requests for change orders and contract amendments.
- Provide response for contract usage, budgeting, and other relevant contract information as needed for relevant departments and to satisfy legal and contractual requirements.
- Train internal customers and be a change agent on policies and procedures regarding procurement and contract compliance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field.
- A minimum of (4) years of work experience successfully performing contract administration functions, proposal preparation, contract negotiation and procurement or a majority of the duties described above.
- A combination of training, education and or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered when determining minimum qualifications. Advanced relevant coursework may also substitute for a portion of required experience.
- A valid class C Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record of no more than three moving violations and no DUI's within the last three years. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in construction related projects KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Knowledge of:
- Public contracting principles
- California and Federal laws applicable to contracts used by public agencies. Prior contracting experience under Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulations will be taken into consideration.
- Cost/price analysis
- Regulated environment Skilled in:
- Verbal and written communication
- Detailed data analysis
- Microsoft Excel and Word (Intermediate/Advanced)
- Organization and time management
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Oracle and other automated procurement and contracting applications Ability to:
- Read and comprehend complex documents such as contracts, statutes, and regulations
- Collaborate with other departments
- Self-motivate, exercise initiative and judgment in carrying out detailed projects and tasks
- Balance and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Handle and maintain confidential information PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Transition between a stationary position at a desk or work location and move about Metrolink facilities or other work site locations
- Operate tools to perform the duties of the position; such as computers, office equipment and work-related machinery
- Transport equipment or boxes up to 25lbs
- Exchange ideas by means of communication
- Visual acuity to detect, identify and observe employees or train movement and any barriers to movement when working on or near railroad tracks
- Hear and perceive the nature of sounds when working on or near railroad tracks
- Balance, ascend/descend, climb, kneel, stoop, bend, crouch or crawl within assigned working conditions and or locations WORKING CONDITIONS Telecommuting may be available for this classification. Position requires work in a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, or temperature. Work may also be conducted in outdoor environments, at construction sites, Railroad Track and Right-of-Way environments, and warehouse environments, with possible exposure to individuals who are hostile or irate, moving mechanical parts, and loud noises (85+ decibels, such as heavy trucks, construction, etc.)
This is a continuous recruitment. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Please visit our website https://agency.governmentjobs.com/scrra/default.cfm