Are you a good listener, with an excellent attention to detail and love to read and write about technology? Do you have the ability to facilitate teams to move projects forward? If you answered yes, this just may be the job for you! This position is primarily responsible for serving as the IT contracting liaison to support the creation and development of NCDOR's IT solicitations and agreements. Agreements and contracts range from simple to complex, with multiple projects ongoing simultaneously. This position will interact with internal and external contract specialists, legal counsel, vendors, business leads and employees from various areas within the agency, including agency leadership. Successful procurement projects start with a great solicitation. NCDOR is looking for a motivated, analytical, critical thinking, and highly experienced writer to make these great solicitations reality.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate solicitation development from initiation of request, as single point of contact for business owner and stakeholders, to provide a successful solicitation process and technical expertise during the procurement strategy, development of solicitation, proposal evaluation, negotiation and award kick-off process.
- Responsible and accountable for Creating and drafting language within State template solicitations, using information gathered from stakeholders through requirements development worksheets, reading through historical information and market research, strategy meetings, policy, rules and templates, for creation of formal solicitations, such as, Invitations for Bids, Requests for Proposals, Requests for Quotes and Requests for Information. This will include leading and facilitating requirements gathering meetings, listening for details, asking questions for better analysis, ensuring participation from all stakeholders and documenting all the requirements and artifacts accordingly, ensuring the project timeline is efficiently carried out.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of procurement laws and regulations for NCDOR's information technology, including compliance with any requirement for IRS Publication 1075, as it relates to identified solicitations.
- Coordinate and collaborate with business leads/owners, project managers, Department of Information Technology Procurement Team contact, as required to ensure solicitation/contract related decisions are made in an informed and fiscally responsible manner; and Procurement Legal Consultant for risk mitigation, risk assessment and negotiation of contract terms and conditions.
- Lead and administer the contract throughout its lifecycle, providing guidance for any contractual concerns or contract performance and administering contract amendments and renewal options, as required.
- Demonstrated performance in a complex, cross-functional business environment
- Demonstrated experience to market research, analyze and inquire, develop and write, edit, review, and revise solicitations of varying IT complexity
- Possess a global perspective of business environment and technology products & services, as well as a general knowledge of changing technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong technical writing skills are required
- Strong reading, analytical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Ability to optimize work processes to ensure that the work gets done effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work effectively with a team as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with administrative law and contract principles
- Knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, and procedures for procurements
- Ability to research, interpret, and understand concepts, technologies, state and federal rules, regulations, and processes
- Ability to recognize and articulate risks, options, and ramifications of solicitations and agency agreements
- Ability to build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
- Ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
Submit State Application https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/northcarolina/jobs/3234843/technology-contract-specialist
Name: Nicole Hunter
Closing Date: October 22, 2021