The Office of Procurement is seeking a self-motivated individual with purchasing experience to join our procurement team. On a typical workday the Buyer will assist county agencies with sourcing goods and services, maintain compliance with applicable local, state and federal rules and regulations, maintain county contracts, develop bid specifications, attend pre-bid and other procurement meetings, address vendor inquiries and issues and monitor current market conditions. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will have a knowledge of sound business concepts, be customer service driven, have the ability to interpret and apply various rules and regulations, be a problem solver and possess great interpersonal skills.
For the full job description go to: https://careers.carrollcountymd.gov/openings/ This position will remain open until filled.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and one year of purchasing experience or Associates Degree and three years of purchasing experience*
2. Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) (or must obtain within three years of employment)
3. Valid driver’s license
*A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications
How to apply:
• Apply online: https://careers.carrollcountymd.gov/openings/
• Pick up an application in our office: 225 N. Center Street, Room 100, Westminster, MD 21157
• Request an application by calling our office or sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm on the date the job closes
• Applications are not accepted by fax or email
Name: Maureen Dunn
Closing Date: April 7, 2023