The Department of General Services, Division of Purchases & Supply (DPS) is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to serve as a Procurement Management Account Executive and provide superior customer service to assigned state agency clients. The successful candidate will establish long-term relationships with assigned agencies and independently provide consulting services, training, guidance, and recommendations to state agency leadership and senior management in support of public procurement-and related operations. They will use complex, proven performance measurement and evaluation tools to promote operational efficiency and effectiveness in areas of non-technology procurements and to conduct procurement management reviews. Account Executives will consult with public bodies on contract development, administration, risk mitigation, best practices in eProcurement use, surplus property, and logistics. The successful candidates will assist agency clients with reengineering business approaches between public bodies and vendors to improve supplier relationships. Additionally, they will perform set-up, configuration and support of the Department of General Services' statewide electronic procurement system, eVA while promoting increased utilization of eVA to increase efficiency and reduce costs. This position will be located in Richmond, Virginia but some telework is available immediately.
- Knowledge and experience with eProcurement platforms
- Knowledge of public procurement policies, regulations and procedures, including development and administration of complex contracts and experience executing procurements using RFPs and IFBs.
- Knowledge and experience with leading complex project management teams and improving business processes.
- Advanced data analysis skills including data collection, research, using quantitative methods and improving business processes.
- Advanced skills with MS Office products including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, analyze, interpret, and implement policies.
- Excellent communication skills resulting in positive, helpful, effective oral and written communications, including reports.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently, successfully handle multiple priorities, and excel in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment.
- Excellent problem identification and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to train and mentor others; and promote teamwork.
- Bachelor's degree in business, or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
Commonwealth of Virginia application required, please see detailed job posting and and application instructions here: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/285007
Name: Barbara Layman