The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Assists in public bid openings and preparing responses for the end user to evaluate.
• Maintains databases in Microsoft Excel for solicitations; maintains correspondence data files for solicitations.
• Processes and approves purchase orders change orders in accordance with DeKalb County School District (DCSS) policies.
• Provides technical assistance and training to DCSD employees for requisitions/purchase orders.
• Assists with all aspects of the solicitation process; creates the final document, post solicitations and relative documents to the appropriate websites, prepares addendum, monitors timelines for projects, maintains the bid responses/correspondence, and prepares award recommendations and renewals; communicates with vendors; collaborates with DCSD’s employees on vendor selection and award recommendations/renewal options.
• Maintains the bid software.
• Performs other administrative duties as requested, including participating in seminars and applicant interviews.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Minimum three (3) years of technical level purchasing, accounting, travel or closely related experience and demonstration of proficiency necessary to perform the duties for the position required.
Name: Carla Smith