DescriptionThe Procurement Services Department is searching for a Lead, Procurement! This individual will be experienced in strategic sourcing, process efficiencies, and data/spend analytics. In addition, this role will lead a team that will provide a strong collaborative approach and this role will establish new and revised policies and procedures prescribed by California State Statutes and Codes. Come join Cal Poly Pomona in this lead opportunity and review the job announcement below!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works as a liaison with the University and to collaborate across Procurement, including Purchasing, Contracts Administration, Asset Management, and Systems / Process Improvement.
- Acts as the subject matter expert and represents the University when coordinating matters with representatives of the Chancellor's Office, other California State University campuses, the University of California system and the State of California as they relate to purchasing, contracts, process efficiencies, and all legal and mandatory requirements.
- Supports sourcing initiatives and develops strategies to ensure products or services ordered are delivered on time, at the right quality, and optimal costs.
- Develops policies and methodologies for sourcing new products or services, approving vendors, and establishing sourcing category strategies, in close collaboration with business partners.
- Collaborates with internal business partners to understand demand and supplier trends, and analyzes financial information related to total cost of ownership to identify opportunities for improvement and cost savings/reductions consolidating like needs across the University or determining and joining shared service efforts for system-wide participation in services and supplies contracts.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to consolidate vendors and partner with colleagues to set purchasing standards to improve negotiations and reduce the total cost of ownership for products and services.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills through the ability to influence, collaborate, motivate and challenge people to implement strategies, achieve objectives, and demonstrate core values.
- Mentor, evaluate and motivate purchasing professionals to develop, set objectives, and monitor the status of achieving those objectives. Mentor, evaluate and motivate purchasing professionals to develop, set objectives, and monitor the status of achieving those objectives.
- Experiences with interpretation of and compliance with laws and principles in government purchasing and contracting through the State Administrative Manual, State University Administrative Manual, Education Code, Government Code, and the Chancellor's Office requirements.
- Proactively identifies and supports improvement of processes related to Procurement, such as Requisition to Purchase Order cycle, purchasing cards, including the tools & enablers such as IT systems. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree AND/OR the equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs, PLUS four (4) years of related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply extensive expertise to complex programs and/or administrative specialties, including pertinent laws and regulations; demonstrated expertise in and advanced knowledge of the principles, problems, and methods of public and business administration and operational and fiscal management; expertise in administrative survey techniques, operations and systems analysis, statistical and research methods, and the ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies.
- Ability to understand problems from a broad, interactive perspective and discern applicable underlying principles to conceive of and develop strategic solutions; ability to work with representatives from public and private entities and handle potentially sensitive situations; demonstrated consultative skills in working with internal and external constituent groups Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated record of procurement management experience with a combination of the following: purchasing, strategic sourcing, supply chain, logistics, supplier quality, procurement systems, contracts, and administration. Graduation from a four-year college or university in business administration, accounting, public administration, supply chain management, operations or related field and MBA preferred.
- Higher education and/or public agency experience preferred.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or other professional certification.
- Experience with setting targets and achieving key performance metrics, such as cost savings.
- Experience and knowledge of contemporary procurement and contract management practices.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Working knowledge of enterprise procurement systems, such as PeopleSoft, SAP, and Oracle.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong leadership skills, including previous experience supervising others.
- Experience with organizational development, including training and skills development. For the full Job Description, please go to: https://www.cpp.edu/jobs.
Open Until Filled. You may apply directly at: https://www.cpp.edu/jobs, click on External Applicants, and select Procurement Lead (AA/S EII) Job ID: 63004. For CPP benefits information, please go to: https://www.cpp.edu/benefits.
Name: John I. Gungon