- Serves as liaison between suppliers and all schools and departments for the procurement of goods and services.
- Analyzes purchase requisitions to determine the most cost-effective procedure to procure goods and services.
- Develops and/or reviews bid specifications and requests for proposals for goods and services.
- Solicits quotes, proposals, and/or bids in accordance with established policy, laws and regulations.
- Schedules and conducts meetings with contractors and department personnel as needed to ensure requirements are clearly communicated.
- Compiles information and creates bid tabulation reports on all bids received; applies evaluation criteria and cost/price analysis methods to determine the lowest responsive and responsible bidder; oversees issuing of purchase orders or price agreements to successful vendors.
- Conducts negotiations and oversees contract preparation and awards.
- Ensures vendor compliance with contractual agreements including terms and conditions, performance and delivery schedules.
- Prepares general correspondence and letters related to procurement matters.
- Detects and reports evidence of improper or unethical bidding practices by vendors; identifies potential breach of contract by vendors.
- Coordinates vendor debarment process.
- Researches information and provides guidance to school division staff members regarding procurement related matters.
- Reviews small purchases made by schools and departments to ensure compliance with procurement regulations and maximize cost savings.
- Maintains documentation of all procurement efforts and contractual commitments.
- Coordinates disposal of surplus property in accordance with laws, regulations and best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of governmental purchasing and contracting; commodities, services and product lines; specification writing and development.
- Experience with Munis ERP software and the State Quote/Bid system preferred.
- Knowledge and experienced with the applicable state, federal and local laws, rules and regulations, including the Virginia Public Procurement Act.
- Serves as role model.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting or a related field. Comparable professional development and/or work experience may be substituted for the post-secondary education qualifications.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible related experience;
- Experience using Electronic Virginia (EVA) preferred.
- Certified Public Procurement Buyer Required, Certified Public Procurement Officer preferred.
Please apply online at https://manassas.tedk12.com/hire
Name: Stacy Cataneo
Closing Date: February 5, 2021