ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Performs professional, technical and, administrative work; responsible for a variety of high value, technical, and complex solicitations and contracts of varying terms.
- Post solicitations via the City's e-procurement provider and maintain database;
- Act as Procurement's main point of contact and subject matter expert;
- Apply working knowledge of Florida State Statutes;
- Evaluate bid responses and make recommendations to management / department end-users;
- Ensure bids received are valid, responsive, and meet City policy and procedures;
- Research market for most cost-effective and competitive pricing for materials/services;
- Create Purchase Orders and obtain required insurance proof from suppliers;
- Read and understand contract language, track and process contract renewals, and extensions;
- Prepare reports to track the status of procurement activities, maintain databases and logs, and prepare documents/spreadsheets/correspondence;
- Contract administration functions include contractor performance issues, price escalation, and contract renewal tracking;
- Respond to public records requests; Develop and process procurement specifications, preparation of appropriate bid documents, analysis of bid responses, and make proper award recommendations, all with a minimum of errors. Work is performed within established policies, procedures, and Florida State Statutes, subject to review. Review State contracts and other agency contracts for applicability to existing user requirements. Attend/ conduct Pre-Bid conferences and public bid openings. Interview vendors regarding commodity/ service applicability to City use. Research, test, and approve products, services and resources in cooperation with other City departments and divisions. Assist in handling emergency purchases critical to City operations. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of essential job functions; the performance of other functions may be required. In the event of an emergency, all employees are considered essential personnel and may be required to perform alternate / additional duties. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Knowledge of governmental purchasing methods and procedures and of the laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to the purchase of commodities and services. Ability to perform basic cost and price calculations. Ability to work independently, problem solve, and make sound judgments. Organized and detail-oriented with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness. Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Able to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with internal and external customers. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing while utilizing proper grammar. Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
RequirementsMINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Associateâs Degree and two (2) years of related procurement experience. Governmental procurement experience and professional certification is preferred but other factors will be considered. An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing may be substituted. PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Must have the physical ability, strength, and flexibility to perform the job functions in the work environment. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability. SALARY & BENEFITS: $17.17 per hour minimum with a benefit package that includes 12 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 11 paid holidays per year; co-sponsored medical, dental, and life insurance plan participation; a 401(a) Retirement Plan, if not currently enrolled in a Retirement Plan with the City, and Social Security coverage. CONTACT: Human Resources CLOSING DATE: July 01, 2021, 5:00 p.m.
Name: Human Resources
Closing Date: July 1, 2021