TxDOT's Procurement Division is looking for a Purchasing Coordinator based in any of the 25 District offices or Headquarters in Austin We have a diverse workforce of over 12,000 employees statewide. If you want to build an exciting career, let's talk! At TxDOT we value employee work-life-balance. In keeping with our commitment to this value our employees benefit from a wide array of programs and activities that include telework, flexed and compressed work schedules, wellness leave incentive, in-house wellness center, career development programs, tuition assistance, and various other benefits.
For a complete list of our total compensation package please visit our website at: Total Compensation
Work Location: May be any of the 25 TxDOT District offices or Headquarters in Austin, provided there is space available. The 25 District offices are located in Abilene, Amarillo, Atlanta, Austin, Beaumont, Brownwood, Bryan, Childress, Corpus Christi, Dallas, El Paso, Fort Worth, Houston, Laredo, Lubbock, Lufkin, Odessa, Paris, Pharr, San Angelo, San Antonio, Tyler, Waco, Wichita Falls or Yoakam.
Travel : 25%
Job Title: Purchasing Coordinator - Various
Statewide Job ID: 121719
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Salary Plan/Grade: B-22
Salary Range: $51614.00 - $84479.00 yearly
Military Occup Specialty Code State Classification Code: 1935 State Classification
Title: Purchaser VI
Occupational Category: Property Management and Procurement TxDOT is committed to hiring veterans.
To assist in determining whether your military experience may pertain to the minimum requirements for this position, Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) codes from each branch of the U.S. Armed Forces have been assigned to each state classification code/title where applicable. The MOS codes are grouped by occupational category. To view the MOS codes please click on link below and click on the appropriate occupational category. https://hr.sao.texas.gov/CompensationSystem/JobDescriptions
General Description Oversees and performs advanced technical and complex purchasing functions for the Department. Work involves research, study, and evaluation of assigned goods or services. Serves as lead worker for a staff of professional, technical, or clerical employees. Reports to the Purchasing Branch\Manager. Work requires contact with other governmental agencies and private entities. Employees at this level are virtually self-supervising and assume direct accountability for the work product.
Duties The essential duties for this job include:
- Assists in establishing, maintaining, and disseminating purchasing and administrative procedures.
- Corresponds with departmental staff and vendors regarding updates on products and services literature, clarifications, bid reviews, expediting deliveries and coordinating testing/evaluation of products; represents department at various meetings.
- Develops technical equipment, material, or service specifications; reviews specifications prepared by others.
- Keeps abreast of technological and price changes in goods or services; determines impact of changes and recommends necessary actions.
- Prepares and oversees the preparation of tabulations; evaluates vendor pricing and responsive information using the statutory best value criteria; assists management in negotiations; monitors Historically Underutilized Business participation goals.
- Prepares requisitions for open market purchases and makes delegated purchases; makes recommendations on the standardization of equipment, materials, suppliers or services.
- Provides guidance and technical expertise to the purchasing unit and purchasing personnel in districts or divisions on quality of goods and services; acts as liaison between districts, divisions and vendors.
- Reviews and analyzes bids; awards purchase orders and makes award recommendations to Procurement management or the Comptroller of Public Accounts' Statewide Procurement Division (SPD)
- Drives to make visits to districts and divisions, to discuss requirements for materials, supplies, or services; arranges for tests/demonstrations and evaluations of new equipment and/or supplies.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
Physical Requirements Physical Requirements
- Sedentary work: Lift up to 10lbs at a time and occasionally carry files/small tools
- Light work: Lift up to 20 lbs at a time and frequently lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs
- Standing-prolonged periods of time
- Repetitive Motion-substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Close Visual Acuity-work includes data/figures; view a computer screen; extensive reading Competencies
The required competencies for this job include:
- Communicate effectively
- Researching, analyzing and interpreting policies and state and federal laws and regulations; business and technical data
- Public relations for maintaining effective working relationships with individuals and groups
- Leading, assigning, reviewing and monitoring the work of others
- Evaluating products, equipment and material
- Persuasion and negotiation of critical issues
- Preparing technical/statistical reports
- Developing and giving presentations
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- Evaluating purchasing bids
Education This job requires the following:
- Bachelor's Degree
Work Experience This job requires the following:
- 5 years in Purchasing, which includes 3 years public purchasing
- Experience can be satisfied by full-ime or prorated part-ime equivalent
- Related experience or relevant technical training may be substituted for education on a year per year basis.
Licenses and Certifications The following Licenses and/or Certifications are required for this job:
- Cert Texas Contract Dev (CTCD)
- Cert TX Purchasing Mgr (CTPM)
- Must be a Certified Texas Contract Developer (CTCD) or Certified Texas Procurement Manager (CTPM) or obtain specified Texas certification within eighteen (18) months of the date of hire.
- Will be delegated signature authority under existing department policy
Application ProcessConditions of Employment Standards of Employment Remarks You must complete the online State of Texas application to include work experience, education and all information necessary. Your online application and additional information on your resume, if provided, will be reviewed to determine if you meet minimum requirements for the position. Applicant Information The Texas Department of Transportation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination in the workplace. Applicant Information Job postings expire at 11:59 PM Central Standard Time.
Name: Jackie Hale
Closing Date: November 27, 2021