Initiating and coordinating purchase of equipment, supplies, materials and contractual services; entering data into computer; monitoring inventory; preparing and maintaining files and records. (These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.)
- Performs complex procurements by developing and issuing Invitation for Bids (IFBs) and Request for Proposal (RFPs); serves on evaluation committees to facilitate discussions to ensure compliance with the Authority's Purchasing Regulations; evaluates quotations, makes recommendations of lowest responsive/responsible bidder, and makes award.
- Researches and analyzes methods of acquiring goods and services to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the procurement process.
- Reviews Scopes of Work, and researches cooperative contracts for suitability for Authority use.
- Drafting procurement documents including solicitations, addenda, and award notices for purchase of materials, supplies, equipment, professional and nonprofessional services, and complex construction projects.
- Develops and maintains templates, checklists and various matrixes relating to procurement processes.
- Works with Management to resolve contractual issues and perform other duties requiring judgment and critical thinking.
- Examines and maintains contract documents, including special provisions contained therein for acceptable legal terms and conditions and compliance to public procurement standards; negotiates any required change with contractors; manages contracts to ensure vendors are paid according to contract.
- Reviews invoices, packing slips and payment requisitions for accuracy, compliance and authorized signatures; matches invoices with purchase order; verifies all for accuracy and completeness; verifies account codes for proper assignment of budget expenditure; researches and resolves discrepancies and handles inquiries from vendors and co-workers; reconciles monthly statements.
- Prepares and codes vouchers; processes vouchers for payment.
- Maintains schedules of construction progress payments.
- Reviews purchases of various goods/services to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and Authority standards.
- Encumbers and posts purchase order data into general ledger, generates reports and balances with general ledger postings.
- Maintains accounts payable and procurement files.
- Assists with year end audit requests and expense accrual tracking.
- Formulates, implements, maintains, updates, interprets and enforces procurement policies/procedures; establishes standards; ensures compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, standards and best procurement practices; presents changes to established policy/procedures to Authority management.
- Provide tax exemption certificates.
- Maintain W9 records; responsible for 1099-year end preparation in compliance with IRS regulations.
- Completes vendor credit applications.
- Provides administrative support to departments.
- Performs related tasks as required.
RequirementsHigh school diploma or GED required. Graduation from a four-year college or university preferred; five or more years of procurement experience in a public sector environment, preferably local or state government, contract administration, and accounting experience, including the procurement and administration of complex contracts for construction and professional services; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Strong contract skills required. Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Virginia Contracting Officer (VCO), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), or other nationally recognized certification in the field of procurement is preferred.
To apply, please visit: https://secure5.entertimeonline.com/ta/FCWSA.careers?CareersSearch
Name: Nikki Martin
Closing Date: August 31, 2021