About our Industry Program ClimateWorks Foundation Industry program focuses on the reduction and eventual elimination of the one-third of greenhouse gases that come from manufacturing, mining, construction, and waste processing. We focus on the most GHG-intensive industries, like steel, cement, and chemicals. We promote social, governmental, and technology pathways that will meet people's material needs, support employment and equitable economic development, and safeguard the climate. Our funding supports a coalition of advocates, researchers, policymakers, consumers, businesses, and other stakeholders who are working together to transform the material economy. Job Summary The Program Manager, Industry provides high-level program management and support to the Industry Program Director and the Programs Vice Presidents. The Program Manager will have specific responsibilities for overseeing the portfolio of activities on public procurement of greenhouse-gas-intensive industrial commodities, like steel and cement. This portfolio-called Buy Clean-fosters markets for climate safe commodities in the United States, Europe, and China. The Program Manager will develop strategies in cooperation with the Program Director, identify potential partner and grantee organizations, facilitate and manage communication between internal and external groups, and build internal and external relevant capacities. The Program Manager will define and evaluate metrics for program performance. In addition to executing on the work in the Buy Clean portfolio, the Program Manager will support the overall industry program through strategy development, coordination with other funders, and communications. Essential Tasks The Program Manager is responsible for the following duties:
- Developing Buy Clean portfolio strategy in coordination with the Program Director.
- Identifying and developing potential grantees.
- Aligning overall program budget with portfolio strategy and ensuring timely disbursement of grants.
- Coordinating activities and knowledge exchange among coalition partners through written communications and organizing online and in-person events.
- Developing and evaluating metrics of the Buy Clean portfolio.
- Ensuring the Buy Clean portfolio remains aligned with the broader strategies of the industry program and other funders in industry and climate.
- Prepare grant reports and other communications materials.
- Function as a point of contact and representative of the Buy Clean portfolio.
- Provide research, planning, and general support to the program as needed.
Required Qualifications The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- 6-8 years' experience in a program or project management with at least 3 years of experience in public procurement in the United States, Europe, or China. Procurement experience could be either on the government side or on the vendor side. Local, state, or national government experience are all acceptable.
- Commitment to the mission and values of ClimateWorks Foundation.
- Resourcefulness, good judgement, and a commitment to excellence and integrity.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently (both virtually and in-person) with minimal supervision.
- A commitment to a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment. Desired qualifications include:
- Advanced degree in engineering, policy, or another relevant field is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed, likely at least one trip per quarter once Covid travel restrictions are lifted.
- Professional experience in China or continental Europe. Compensation This position is funded for two years, with the possibility for extending it based on funding and performance. ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location). Location ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. Our offices are closed due to Covid-19, and employees are working from home. We anticipate transitioning back to in-person work in our office in line with health and safety guidelines sometime in the second half of 2021. Commitment to Racial and Social Justice At the ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. At the center of this vision are people who are currently marginalized, including Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leaders are crucial to winning the climate fight. Simply put, the future we strive for will be impossible to realize so long as systemic racism and anti-Blackness persist. To this end, we have made a set of commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our Mission
To Apply ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender/gender identity, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/b1c26d1fd18d44ba9b014fa6b8210f00