DescriptionJob Summary UIC Purchasing and Contract Management is seeking to fill up to three (3) Contract Coordinator positions. This position manages a wide range of procurement and contracting responsibilities within the University of Illinois at Chicago central purchasing and contract management unit, with a focus on procurement contracts. The Contract Coordinator negotiates and oversees contractual relationships that are in the best interest of the University, reflecting established standards of legally-compliant business practices for a wide-range of commodities and services, while utilizing procurement and contract systems. The Contract Coordinator coordinates directly with external non-University oversight entities including the assigned State Purchasing Officer(s) and Procurement Policy Board to ensure that contracting is consistent with statutory and regulatory approvals for procurement activities.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Duties):
• Assist client departments in the development and review of contract documents, focusing on contracts negotiation and execution.
Has authority to represent and obligate the University in determining the best method for contracting for goods and services, ensuring that: Pricing and contractual terms and conditions are in the best interests of the University; Illinois State Procurement Code and Rules, Federal procurement laws, rules, and requirements, and University policies are employed throughout the procurement contract process; and legal and statutory requirements are incorporated into all agreements.
• Provide guidance to client departments regarding standard procedures for procurements and contracting, as well as State, federal laws and regulations, and University policies.
• Ensure compliance to necessary laws and rules. Interface with external regulatory oversight entities, including the Chief Procurement Officer for Higher Education and State Purchasing Officer(s), Procurement Policy Board, and other regulatory entities to ensure that contracting is consistent with statutory and regulatory requirements and approvals for procurement activities.
• Collaborate with and develop an effective working relationship with Office of University Counsel, University Risk Management, Office of University Payables and other functional groups to ensure contractual terms and conditions are acceptable and serve to mitigate potential contractual risks.
• Act as liaison with colleges and departments to provide assistance and guidance during the contracting process, to resolve issues necessary to secure University-preferred terms and provisions for incorporation into resultant contracts. Create and maintain appropriate documentation of the procurement contracting process and ensures rules, regulations, policies, and procedures are adhered to.
• Serve as a University contact for and provide technical assistance to vendors regarding procurement policies and procedures and to resolve deficiencies affecting the administration and approval of contracts, and performs other contract administration related activities.
• Review requests for change orders, amendments and addendums and prepare documents to implement contract revisions. Perform other contract administration related activities.
• Prepare various reports related to contracting activities as requested by management.
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Job Knowledge & Skills, Education, Experience:
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree required.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in contract development, negotiations, legal aspects of contracts, or related skills required.
• Knowledge of public procurement and contracting and related regulatory requirements required.
• Proficiency with procurement or contract management technology applications required Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects concurrently.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with a broad group of constituents to effectively resolve issues.
• Ability to analyze situations, exercise good judgment and recommend solutions to problems.
• Ability to review and evaluate proposals, contracts or similar documents, provide financial analysis, and render advice and assistance.
• Excellent keyboarding, grammar, and proofreading skills, with strong emphasis on accuracy and applicable formats and criteria, to prepare and process correspondence, reports, and other documents that appropriately reflect University and department standards.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as an Internet browser and office computing and technical equipment.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively interact with University and departmental officials/staff.
• Strong interpersonal skills that reflect courtesy, diplomacy, and a collaborative approach to develop and maintain effective work relationships.
• Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of all work assignments.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work accordingly to meet deadlines while staying on task with daily assignments.
• Strong organizational skills to maintain electronic and paper filing systems containing confidential information and records related to departmental operations.
• Experience in public procurement, which should include demonstrated knowledge of the Illinois Procurement Code and administrative rules required.
• Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO), or Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM) certification.
• Knowledge about general office operations and procedures to effectively contribute toward the success of operations and services administered by the department and ensure the accuracy of information provided to offices/persons seeking assistance from this office.
• Knowledge about Jaggaer ePurchasing system and/ or Banner Financial System to perform specialized data entry applications related to document production/processing.
• Knowledge about guidelines set forth in the following publications/resources: The General Rules Concerning University Organization and Procedure; Campus Administrative Manual; University of Illinois Statutes; Policy and Rules for Civil Service Staff; Civil Service Statute and Rules; and Handbook for Good Ethical Practice for Faculty and Staff at the University of Illinois; and Knowledge.
For fullest consideration, please apply at https://jobs.uic.edu and include a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for up to three professional references by 06/29/2022. Please make sure to fully complete the application and also please include all applicable documentation i.e., resume, transcripts, licenses, and certifications. The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, Veteran or disability status. Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University’s Board of Trustees and are made contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of any criminal background checks and other pre-employment assessments that may be required for the position being offered. Additional information regarding such pre-employment checks and assessments may be provided as applicable during the hiring process. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, Visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899.
TO CHANGE SUBSCRIPTION SETTINGS: * Go to http://listserv.uic.edu/htbin/wa * Click on Subscriber's Corner * In the subscribed list, click on PACADEMY * Change your subscription type * Click on Update Options
Name: Tracy Rogers