At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery - the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It's a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work. The Assistant Director of Procurement Services Business Solutions reports to the Director of Procurement Services and serves as a member of Procurement Services leadership team. This position is the primary technology expert and application manager for the University's Procure-to-Pay, Travel Management and other procurement and analytics systems as well as Procurement's liaison to University Technology Services. The Assistant Director of Business Solutions assists the Director with development, deployment and maintenance of high-level solutions, strategies and enterprise wide procurement applications specifically overseeing the design, development and management of software applications for purchasing/sourcing, accounts payable, travel management and contracts (Jaggaer, Chrome River, eVA, Banner).
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Equivalent workplace experience considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong experience as a business technology manager for enterprise-wide software tools for a large clientele base, as well as, project management
- Considerable knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices as well as fiscal and accounting functions and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff.
- Ability and organizational skills to handle a high volume of work & multiple assignments independently.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to reach logical conclusions required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of public policies and procedures affecting centralized procurement systems with emphasis on financial controls, travel and reimbursement regulations, reporting requirements, etc.
- Ability to interpret policies and develop procedures as required.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse organization required.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU. Preferred standards
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Business Analytics or a related field preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Banner, Jaggaer and/or Chrome River knowledge/experience preferred.
- Several years of management and supervision experience preferred
Submit application with cover letter/letter or interest and resume on-line at https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/109281
Name: John McHugh
Closing Date: October 27, 2021