DescriptionResponsible for procurement of supplies, equipment, and services in accordance with the College’s purchasing policies and procedures to meet the needs of College administrative and academic departments. Prepares detailed bid specifications as requested and creates purchase orders, requests for proposals, quotes, and bids for various commodities and services. This position is expected to work in a multi-cultural diverse working environment.
This description is intended to indicate the types of duties and responsibilities requested of the employee assigned this title. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required:
1. Processes and evaluates orders for appropriateness of purchase, content, and clarity of specifications; provides guidance and counseling to departments, when needed.
2. Determines potential vendors to be solicited, requests competitive quotes by when appropriate or required by College policy; evaluates returned quotations and approves selected vendor(s).
3. Prepares bid documents and formulate specifications for complex, unique, or large-scale purchases; advises departments on appropriate specifications for unfamiliar or unique items; analyzes bids; makes award recommendations.
4. Minimizes institutional liability by reviewing and recommending approval or disapproval of College contracts in terms of the adequacy of contract terminology, content, and obligation of College resources.
5. Awards purchase or contract agreements and authorizes placement of orders.
6. Coordinates large shipments to accommodate project and production timetables.
7. Locates and evaluates new products, procedures, and sources of supply to improve products offered and reduce costs.
8. Develops programs for standardization of items for assigned commodities.
9. Expedites emergency type orders.
10. Administers college wide agreements and/or programs related to assigned commodities.
11. Provides continuity of management, supervision, and leadership in Purchasing Services by assuming duties and responsibilities designated by the Director of Purchasing and Auxiliary Services.
12. Works with faculty and staff to coordinate activities and adhere to purchasing policies and procedures.
13. Protects the interests of the College by serving as a representative in discussions between vendors and departments on procurement issues and by monitoring vendor activities for compliance with all contract terms and conditions.
14. Negotiates with vendors, when needed, to determine best pricing, terms, and conditions of sales; executes and distributes documents; maintains contract files.
15. Analyzes and monitors P-Card purchases to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
16. Provides excellent customer service to all customers.
17. Performs other related duties, as assigned.
18. Ability to work additional hours, as needed.
Name: Dana Holt
Closing Date: October 9, 2022