Under their direct supervisor, the Senior Contract Officer (SPO) procures a wide variety of goods and services for the 23 VCCS colleges, the System Office and the Shared Services Center.
The position also:
- Solicits and issues contracts for goods and services as needed by the SSC customers utilizing a variety of complex procurement methods
- Manages a portfolio of term contracts for use by the SSC customers (potentially including other public bodies)
- Analyzes market data to make appropriate sourcing decisions.
- Ensures that all purchases are performed accurately and timely and in accordance with applicable VCCS and state policies and applicable laws
- Employs best business practices to continuously improve performance, compliance, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Extensive expertise in making sourcing decisions for complex procurement of supplies, equipment, and professional and non-professional services, including the ability to analyze market data, exercise sound judgment, take initiative, handle multiple competing priorities, solve problems, and attend to detail while maintaining a big-picture perspective
- Ability to develop and comprehend highly complex solicitation and contract documents, including the ability to interpret procurement-related law and policies, apply that knowledge, and as needed participate in the development of related policies and procedures
- Ability to build working relationships to solve problems and achieve common goals
- Ability to provide exceptional and professional customer service to diverse internal and external customers and suppliers
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment with matrix reporting relationships
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient knowledge and experience using an electronic procurement system, MS Office products and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Ability to travel within Virginia and within the United States as needed
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent education and experience
- Multiple years of complex procurement experience leading solicitations and negotiating contracts, vendor agreements, orders, statements of work, etc.
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Current Virginia Contracting Officer (VCO) certification or ability to obtain Virginia Contracting Associate (VCA) certification within one year of hire and VCO within two years; see https://vip.dgs.virginia.gov/ for more information on VCA & VCO certifications
- Knowledge of governmental procurement principles and ability to follow procurement policy and standard operating procedures
- Expertise in interpreting legal agreements and modifying for compliance
- Knowledge of Commonwealth of Virginia (VPPA, APSPM, etc.) & VCCS procurement policies
- Knowledge of eVA (state procurement system)
- Knowledge with AIS/PeopleSoft functionality
Hybrid Telework Schedule: 2 days per week in the Daleville, VA office and 3 days remote. A sign-on bonus may be available. Please apply at the following link: https://jobs.vccs.edu/hr/postings/37612
Name: Monica Mathena
Closing Date: September 16, 2021