Are you interested in an exciting and challenging career as a public servant? If so, then search no further! The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) proudly serves the people of Texas by providing high quality outdoor recreational opportunities while managing and conserving our state's natural and cultural resources. Our Infrastructure Division provides sustainable planning, design and construction support to our partner divisions. In order for our partner divisions to carry out their missions successfully, they need accessible and dependable work sites. Responsible for securing and skillfully negotiating the construction, maintenance and repair work necessary, our Infrastructure Contract Manager follows strict standards and practices to ensure that the money we spend is put to its best possible use. If you have growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you are probably a great fit for our team! We are seeking a Contract Manager with strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to be flexible in a fast paced and constantly changing environment. Under the direction of the Contracting Branch Manager, this position performs moderately complex purchasing and contracting work to procure minor construction services, related professional services, and goods and services, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Provides support and oversight to the division's Minor Construction assigned project teams through the development, management, and evaluation of a broad range of procurement and contracting needs. Work may require contact with agency officials and private entities. Serves as the division's purchasing liaison and as a contract liaison between agency management, contractors, Architect & Engineering firms and other customers. Responsible for managing the contract lifecycle and establishing work plans and priorities to meet agency goals and objectives. May be responsible for monitoring, tracking and reviewing the work of others. Ensures all procurement reporting requirements are met. Complexity of work assigned and level of supervision, latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement will be consistent with the purchasing classification level assigned, as well the awarded level of authority for soliciting and awarding contracts per the TPWD policy. Performs additional duties as assigned. Complies with all Agency, Division and Branch rules, regulations and procedures.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's or post Bachelor degree in Business or Public Administration, Business Law, Finance, Purchasing, or closely related field.
- Experience: Contract Specialist II: Two years full-time experience with purchasing, contract development, contract administration, contract management, contract evaluation or project management. Contract Specialist III: Three years full-time experience with purchasing, contract development, contract administration, contract management, contract evaluation or project management. Licensure: Must possess or be able to obtain, within six months of employment, a Statewide Procurement Division (SPD) Certified Texas Purchasing Manager (CTPM) or Certified Texas Contract Developer (CTCD) certification; Must possess or be able to obtain, within six months of employment, a Statewide Procurement Division (SPD) a Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM) certification. NOTE: Retention of position contingent upon obtaining and maintaining required licenses and certifications.
- Education: One additional year of the required experience may substitute for 30 semester hours of the required education, with a maximum substitution of 120 semester hours. Experience: Thirty additional semester hours beyond a Bachelor's degree in Business or Public Administration, Business Law, Finance, Purchasing, or closely related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience, with a maximum substitution of two years.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Contract Specialist II:
- Experience: Two years of experience in purchasing and/or contracting at a Texas state agency, college or university, or local unit of government; Experience in using statewide Term Contracts, TXMAS contracts, Open Market processes, the CMBL and the Texas statewide purchasing system; Experience with planning, developing, drafting, managing or overseeing contracts per the guidelines and procedures published in the Texas Procurement and Contract Management Guide; Licensure: Current Statewide Procurement Division (SPD) Certified Texas Purchasing Manager (CTPM) or Certified Texas Contract Developer (CTCD) certification.
- Contract Specialist III: Experience of a Contract Specialist II; PLUS: Experience in all aspects of construction and professional design service contracting from solicitation through closeout, at a Texas state agency or Texas institution of higher education; Experience with the standard Uniform General Conditions for State of Texas construction projects; Experience with State of Texas Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel Systems (CAPPS); Experience developing solicitations including but not limited to Invitation for Bids (IFB), Request for Proposals (RFP), and Request for Qualifications (RFQ); Experience with eBuilder or similar Construction Management Software; Licensure of a Contract Specialist II; PLUS: Current Statewide Procurement Division (SPD) Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM) certification.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00017182&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FChicago
Name: Jennifer Feliciano
Closing Date: October 4, 2021