PURPOSE OF POSITION The Contracts Specialist to perform quality control checks and confirms that contract and procurement processes conform to department standards and validates the integrity of the data and information entered in the Procure to Pay modules in the Oracle Financial Information System (FIS) and in contract and procurement documents. TO APPLY: This is a continuous recruitment with the first review of applications beginning September 10, 2021. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED
- Receives supervision from departmental management/supervisory level roles.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The duties listed below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
- Review and monitor procurement plans and processes to validate that plans conform to department standards and policies.
- Establish and document data entry and data management criteria and guidelines for contracts, purchase orders and other purchasing documents that are managed in the Oracle FIS.
- Monitor failures to identify root cause and develops strategies to recommend to management for improvement in the overall quality and accuracy of data entry and data management processes.
- Review invoices to ensure invoice accuracy.
- Research discrepancies and reconciles with Contracts department, material handlers with receiving and accounts payable.
- Perform regular and periodic quality control and processes control checks to confirm procure to pay Oracle documents.
- In collaboration with the Contract and Procurement team, develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and exception reporting for management to guide and measure department performance.
- Review contract invoices for compliance to terms and conditions and consistency with the Oracle FIS to ensure proper payment.
- Reconcile invoices and maintain a tracking report.
- Create purchase orders for supplies, materials, equipment and services in Oracle FIS.
- Prepare Request for Quotes (RFQs), Invitation for Bid (IFBs) and Request for Proposal (RFPs) solicitation contracts and related documents adhering to a standard format and content requirements.
- Research and analyze large sets of data to present findings to Contract Administrators.
- Support Contract Administrators as necessary.
- Maintain and monitor accurate filing.
- Track all procurement purchase orders for material inventory purchases.
- Update and and maintains department documentation and training materials related to procurement to pay processes managed in Oracle FIS.
- Process contract close-out physically and fiscally in Oracle.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field.
- A minimum of four (4) years of work experience performing a variety of business processes and data entry associated with monitoring, quality assurance and data integrity.
- A combination of training, education and or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered when determining minimum qualifications. Advanced relevant coursework may also substitute for a portion of required experience.
- Valid class C Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record of no more than three moving violations and no DUI's within the last three years Preferred Qualifications Public sector experience Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Knowledge of:
- Public contracting principles, including proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract law and finance
- California and Federal laws applicable to contracts used by public agencies
- Federal Acquisition Regulations and/or Federal Transit Administration Circular 4220.1F or most recent version
- Microsoft Office, Oracle FIS and Planet Bids or other automated procurement and contracting applications
- Statistical and cost/price analysis.
- Railroad environment Skilled in:
- Verbal and written communication
- Organization and time management
- Detailed data accuracy and analysis Ability to:
- Read and comprehend complex contracts and their terms and conditions
- Collaborate with other departments.
- Exercise initiative and judgment in carrying out detailed projects and tasks
- Balance multiple initiative simultaneously
- Handle confidential information
- Ensure accuracy and compliance PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Transition between a stationary position at a desk or work location and move about Metrolink facilities or other work site locations
- Operate tools to perform the duties of the position; such as computers, office equipment and work-related machinery
- Transport equipment or boxes up to 25lbs
- Exchange ideas by means of communication
- Visual acuity to detect, identify and observe employees or train movement and any barriers to movement when working on or near railroad tracks
- Hear and perceive the nature of sounds when working on or near railroad tracks
- Balance, ascend/descend, climb, kneel, stoop, bend, crouch or crawl within assigned working conditions and or locations Working Conditions Position requires work in a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, or temperature. Work may also be conducted in outdoor environments, at construction sites, Railroad Track and Right-of-Way environments, and warehouse environments, with possible exposure to individuals who are hostile or irate, moving mechanical parts, and loud noises (85+ decibels, such as heavy trucks, construction, etc.) Southern California Regional Rail Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Authority will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Application Process1. Submit application. 2. Application screened by recruiter. 3. Application screened by hiring manager. 4. Shortlist selected for 1st and 2nd interviews. 5. Candidate selected, salary negotiation, background and reference check, and onboarding.
Name: Derek Browning