To lead and manage the effective, system-wide purchasing of services, materials and supplies in order to maximize cost efficiencies and supplier-diversity goals. The position will also lead the implementation of the system-wide electronic procurement systems. The position oversees development of broad internal policies and strategies, specific parameters for procurement, vendor selection and negotiation. The position also acts as the Electronic Signature Manager for the system and is the primary contact with the State of Minnesota's Department of Administration. About Minnesota State Minnesota State is the largest single provider of higher education in the state. With 37 institutions, including 30 community and technical and seven state universities, Minnesota State serves 64 percent of the state's undergraduate student population. The work location is in the heart of downtown St. Paul, right in the skyway system. Benefits include excellent low cost and low deductible health and dental insurance, retirement package, tuition waiver at Minnesota State institutions (after three years of employment) and flexible working hours. Minnesota State System Office is proud to be a Minnesota Yellow Ribbon agency.
Minimum Qualifications: Resume must reflect all minimum qualifications. Please enter your experience in chronological order, including the month and year of employment.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, business, finance, management, or related field
- Five years procurement experience
- Supervisory or lead worker experience.
- Working knowledge of Procurement best practices, supply markets, suppliers and products
- Experience with electronic procurement and workflow management
- Demonstrated expertise in process improvement strategies and tools
- Ability to lead all aspects of Procurement Strategy
- Detailed knowledge of the sourcing process including various sourcing strategies
- Ability to coordinate multiple parallel sourcing initiatives across different/numerous groups and teams to execute business strategies
- Understanding of pricing models and contracts terms
- Strong analytic skills
- Demonstrated strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Expertise in MS Office including Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ERP systems and online sourcing/e-sourcing tools Minnesota State is unable to sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
- Masters of Business Administration
- Six Sigma/Lean/APICS or related certification
- Experience working with small women-owned, minority-owned, veteran owned and other economically disadvantaged businesses Additional Requirements In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State's Vehicle use criteria and consent to Motor Vehicle Records check.
Other Information: Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at: https://www.minnstate.edu/system/working/docs/contracts/2019-2021%20Administrators%20Plan.pdf
Why Work for Us At Minnesota State we promote the ability for our employees to move within the Minnesota State system of Colleges and Universities, located throughout the State of MN.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.minnstate.edu/system/working/index.html
At Minnesota State, we have a GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical ($37.74 per month single and $257.50 per month family) and dental insurance with low deductibles ($250 - $1500), a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
How to Apply Please go PeopleAdmin at: https://mnsystem.peopleadmin.com/postings/1673
All application materials must be received by the Human Resources Department by 11:59pm on the date the position closes. If you have questions about the position, contact Shawna Tienter at Shawna.firstname.lastname@example.org or 651/201-1845. Equal Employment Opportunity Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact Jessica.email@example.com.
Name: Shawna Tienter
Closing Date: June 1, 2022