DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, performs routine and complex clerical and technical work in the acquisition of goods and services such as materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies and services for all departments in the Town. Work involves a variety of municipal purchasing assignments of considerable complexity and difficulty from inception of demand through processing of received documents, and providing assistance to the Procurement Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responds to inquiries from the Vendors, Town officials, or Employees pertaining to procurement needs and policies.
- Establishes and maintains a variety of tangible files, oversees records with respect to Archive-Retention and contracts in the New World database.
- Meets with vendors to provide bid specification packets and/ or vendor applications.
- Assists departments in preparing bid specification and documents needed for bid committee meetings.
- Attends and assists Procurement Manager in the Committee Meetings and Formal Bid Opening Meetings.
- Assists all employees with the accounting and technical questions for request for payments, requisitions, purchase orders and traveling requests.
- Performs the daily function of reviewing and approving Town-wide department requisitions, invoices, petty cash vouchers, and travelling requests.
- Coordinates and reviews data entry of all purchase requisitions into the computer system, assigning master vendor numbers, obtaining proper authorization and signatures, and distribution of all copies to proper department or files.
- Schedules meetings, conducts meetings, prepares formal and informal bids for publication, and maintains calendar.
- Assigns and reviews informal bids and formal bids from other Town Departments.
- Utilizes computerized data entry equipment and various word processing, spreadsheet and/ or file maintenance programs to enter, store and/or retrieve information as requested or otherwise necessary; summarizes information for standard reports, selecting data from various sources.
- Prepares memos, letters, and materials from typed or handwritten copy; assumes responsibility for correctness of spelling, punctuation, format and grammar.
- Opens mail and directs to appropriate department/ division for handling or response, according to content of communications.
- Assists in the preparation of any Town auctions.
- May attend a variety of meetings or seminars and report results to Procurement Manager.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs other related work as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (MUST MEET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THE POSTING UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED):
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- An Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration or related field
- One (1) year of procurement experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities. Additional qualifying experience in a job related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Procurement experience in the public sector
- Internal and external candidates may apply.
- If you have recently applied for this position, please do not reapply
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/davie
Name: Brian O'Connor