• Serves as informational expert for purchasing related to aspects of the Lawson system.
• Advises and assists customers (departments and schools) in the development of specifications and planning for purchase of supplies, equipment and services needed by APS in accordance with APS Procurement Policy and all other applicable federal, state and local laws, policies and procedures.
• Maintains operational and management reports for the Procurement Services Department.
• Prepares and issues solicitations based on understanding of the market, technical requirements, and customer needs while ensuring process integrity.
• Employs various techniques including price and cost analysis, evaluation of technical capability, evaluation of business stability and negotiation with suppliers to determine appropriate contract award recommendation based upon solicitation requirements.
• Prepares, reviews and executes contracts and purchase orders within delegated authority.
• Coordinates legal review and board approval as required in preparing contracts.
• Maintains the integrity of the public procurement process.
• Protects customer’s interest if the terms, conditions, or quality standards of the contract are not followed by the successful supplier.
• Conducts product research to forecast price trends, determine future availability, advise on new products and to anticipate future problems or opportunities.
• Maintains contacts with suppliers to both identify prospective suppliers and encourage their participation in the APS procurement process.
• Conducts strategic sourcing studies.
• Effectively communicates purchasing policies and procedures to APS personnel and interpret said policies and procedures as necessary.
• Assists staff by providing technical guidance and direction.
• Represents the Procurement Services Department at meetings with other APS departments, suppliers and other public agencies.
• Maintains current knowledge of purchasing practices through vendor contact, organization membership, trade literature, training, and trade shows.
• Required to have prompt, regular attendance in-person and be available to work on-site, in-person during regular business hours and as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public or business administration or other appropriate field required.
• Must obtain Certified Public Procurement Buyer or Certified Public Procurement Officer certification within four (4) years after being placed in this position.
• Certified Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB) or equivalent preferred.
• 3 years of progressively responsible experience in public or private procurement.
• Work experience (beyond the minimum required) in a medium to large-scale public or private purchasing operation may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required college education.
Name: Crystal Pierson
Closing Date: September 30, 2022