GovHR USA is pleased to announce the recruitment and selection process for a Procurement Manager for PACE Bus in Chicago, IL. Pace Suburban Bus is the premier suburban transit provider, safely and efficiently moving people to work, school, and other regional destinations. Pace's family of public transportation services offer affordable and environmentally responsible transit options for residents of 284 municipalities in Cook, Will, DuPage, Kane, Lake and McHenry counties. The backbone of Chicago's suburbs, Pace services tens of thousands of daily riders. One of the largest bus services in North America, Pace covers 3,677 square miles in an area nearly the size of the state of Connecticut and about 15 times the size of the City of Chicago. Pace's innovative approach to public transportation gives the Agency a national reputation as an industry leader. Under the direction of the Chief Procurement Officer, the Procurement Manager procures materials, supplies, and services, through appropriate procurement methods and in accordance with applicable regulations to meet established priorities. The Manager directs and manages the procurement staff to ensure timely, efficient, and effective contract awards, within approval authority limits, to support the business objectives of Pace. In addition, the Manager exercises sound and rational judgment in application of established procurement principles and maintains policies and procedures in compliance with governing federal, state, and Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) regulations. Anticipated starting salary is $97,000 + DOQ.
- Bachelor's degree and ten or more years of public purchasing experience, including management experience, prior transit industry experience is preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain within 12 months after date of hire, CPPB or CPPM certification from the National Institute of Government Purchasing.
- Excellent reading comprehension, research, and written verbal and communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and resourceful team player, with the ability to successfully and efficiently work on numerous projects simultaneously in order to meet project deadlines.
- A highly skilled negotiator who demonstrates strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as strong interpersonal skills, and be customer service oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and other current applications), and Oracle to independently create reports, monitor statistics, and respond to data survey.
- This position is subject to the provisions set forth in 5 ILCS 430/5-45 (c) of the State Officials and Employee Ethics Act.
Submit resume, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references immediately or by June 25, 2021 online to Joellen J. Cademartori, CEO, GovHR USA, LLC at www.GovHRjobs.com. Questions regarding the recruitment may be directed to Joellen J. Cademartori, CEO, GovHR USA at 847-380-3238. Pace Bus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Name: Joellen Cademartori
Closing Date: June 25, 2021