Position Summary: The Director of Purchasing is an administrative position at the Board responsible for managing all duties related to preparation and processing of procurement contracts for the Board. This position is classified as Exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
▪ Implement purchasing policies and recommend procedures for staff
▪ Work with user departments and warehouse to coordinate planning and purchasing strategies, including assisting Divisions with contract management and renewal
▪ Schedule all purchasing activities to ensure timely procurement and delivery of sufficient supplies for effective administration of the Board
▪ Coordinate the preparation of RFQs, RFPs, IFBs and other procurement methods to solicit competitive proposals and bids from qualified vendors
▪ Prepare legal notices for publication as required for purchasing in coordination with the Board's Director of Public Information, Legal Department and Administration
▪ Analyze and evaluate bid specifications, tests reports and other relevant data
▪ Oversee the evaluation of proposals and bids to determine the most responsive, responsible and qualified bidder
▪ Participate in negotiating contract terms, cost and conditions
▪ Promote and monitor MBE/WBE participation
▪ Prepare purchasing and financial reports as requested by the Executive Director and the Board, including bid award recommendations and providing such reports to the Commissioners during their public Board meetings
▪ Prepare annual and quarterly reports on procurement
▪ Coordinate reports and vouchers for the Board and related agencies
▪ Supervise employees in the Purchasing Department
▪ Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Accounting and /or Public Administration or other relevant experience
▪ 5 years’ experience in public sector purchasing
▪ 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role
▪ Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, Outlook and other applicable computer software packages and applications
▪ Excellent organizational, communication and people skills
▪ Must be able to work extended hours and weekends
▪ Must be in compliance with the Board’s mandatory COVID vaccination policy
▪ This position requires you to be a resident of the City of Chicago and work on-site
All applications for this position must be submitted via email and must include a resume and cover letter.
E-mail to: email@example.com and include in the subject line: Director of Purchasing/YOUR NAME.
The Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: October 31, 2023