Do not miss out on this exciting opportunity Arlington Public Schools has available to join its very busy, fast paced, dynamic Procurement Office. As the Assistant Director of Procurement, you will work with the Director of Procurement in administering and improving the Arlington Public Schools' procurement program, and helping raise the profile of the Procurement Office, within both Arlington Public Schools and among its procurement counterparts in other Virginia public entities. Responsibilities of the position include managing a portfolio of diverse, interesting, and challenging commodities, and overseeing the professional development of the four Procurement Office employees for which the position has supervisory responsibilities. A sense of humor is a plus! Please direct any questions you may have to the contact below.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK (May not include all duties performed - These are intended as an illustration of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Responsible for awarding contracts for goods, services (both professional and non-professional), construction, and insurance on behalf of all Arlington Public Schools schools and departments.
- Administers Arlington Public Schools' procurement program and develops improvements.
- Investigates and determines the most efficient, reliable vendors for the purchase of materials, supplies, and services.
- Conducts interviews and establishes ongoing relationships with vendors; responds to vendor inquiries and/or problems.
- Participates in cooperative purchases with federal, state, and local governments.
- Participates in and conducts a variety of activities and meetings concerning purchasing.
- Ensures proper administration and adherence to established procurement rules, regulations, and laws.
- Investigates and reports to the Director of Procurement/Procurement Agent, complaints, improper purchasing procedures, protests of awards relating to bidding or award irregularities, restrictive specifications and/or contractors' failures to receive solicitations.
- Prepares requests for proposal and bid specifications; reviews and analyzes bids for completeness; evaluates and recommends enhancements to the automated purchasing system; identifies areas for improvements.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
Candidates must submit an application online and attach a resume, a written statement of interest in and qualifications for this position. Please complete the online Administrative/Technical application on the APS website in the Employment section: www.apsva.us. A minimum of three letters of recommendation must also be submitted online as part of your application packet. APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE AND WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION IS INCLUDED. https://apps2.winocular.com/arlingtonps/workspace/wSpace.exe?Action=wsJobsMain
Name: David Webb
Closing Date: February 1, 2022