- Creates solicitations, coordinates requirements with originating departments, writes and evaluates specifications, conducts bid openings as needed, evaluates bids, prepares bids for award, including the completion of board item(s), if applicable, and issues and monitors contracts.
- Coordinates with the School Board Attorney's office, originating departments, and Accounts Payable on all vendors' problems.
- Supervises contract purchases within own buying area, including the buying of supplies, equipment and services; analyzes and compares prices with market trends, economy and availability of products and services.
- Facilitates the request for quotes bidding process, including the vendor rotation process.
- Facilitates contract amendments and/or contract extensions that may be needed as stated within the respective bid/contract.
- Provides customer service and technical guidance to individual school and departmental personnel for those categories assigned to the buying area.
- Facilitates regular meetings with originating department to review contract spend and vendor performance.
- Generate electronic reports illustrating current contracts, expiration dates and spend analysis.
- Utilizes an on-line procurement management system to process shopping carts/requisitions and/or purchase orders.
- Assist in the facilitation of new and existing vendor trainings regarding business development opportunities with the district and/or school site locations.
- Supervise and Train assigned staff
- Performs other duties related to the general administrative responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of four (4) years' experience of procurement/purchasing and/or contract management.
- Professional certifications in at least one of the following areas preferred: Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM); Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), or Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or an approved plan to achieve such certification within two years from date of employment.
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Knowledge of computer software, technology, food and nutrition pertinent to areas of specification.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
Application Process Applicants must go to http://jobs.dadeschools.net to apply. All applicants must attach a cover letter, Resume, and Two (2) professional letters of recommendation signed and dated within the past year.
Closing Date: June 3, 2021