Reporting directly to the Office of Procurement Services (OPS) Director (Director), this individual will assist with compliance, cost-savings initiatives, policy and procedure recommendations, and overall management of day-to-day operations including negotiations and conflict resolution with internal and external stakeholders. Assist the Director with the supervision of daily operations of Procurement Services to ensure compliance with Federal Procurement Regulations, State Statutes, SBISD Board Policy, and Procurement Services department standards. This position is responsible for overseeing the District's centralized purchasing program and acts as an advisor to the Director and executive leadership on all matters related to the purchasing of goods and services in the district. This individual will be required to operate with a high level of discretion, ethics, and integrity, as well as possess excellent judgment. The District's purchasing of goods and services is centralized in OPS, who manages hundreds of master agreements (contracts with multiple department and campus users) and assists departments and campuses in procuring goods and services exceeding $50,000. Accordingly, OPS guides client departments and campuses in acquisition planning and contract management. OPS strives for continual process and service improvements. OPS is also responsible for the District's surplus program Responsible for providing procurement, leadership and management to campuses, departments and vendors on a daily basis; construction, technology, project management support for compliance and accuracy in procurement processing. Responsible for managing, planning, organizing, and delegating purchasing activities, and supervising staff to ensure all functions are performed in a professional and productive environment with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in a business field (required).
- Master's Degree in business field (preferred)
- Certification through TASBO, NIGP, or ISM (preferred) Special Knowledge/Skills:
- Exemplifies instructional leadership, effective communication skills, personal integrity, and collaborative leadership style.
- Ability to effectively direct, teach, and motivate others and be skilled in dealing with people on all levels. Ability to manage/supervise and work with people effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Possess strong communication skills with the ability to maintain effective working relations with internal customers and vendor community.
- Advanced skills and experience in effectively operating Windows applications of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Advanced skills in developing and preparing specifications and scopes of work.
- Experience in expediting/implementing large orders, turnkey projects.
- Knowledge of Texas school district/municipal purchasing laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of and skill applying advanced purchasing tools and techniques.
- Advance experience inprogram management. Ability to organize, prioritize, meet established deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of standard public/private purchasing procedures.
- Ability to follow instructions and plan work for others. Ability to handle multiple task and projects.
- Success with training and managing employees.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Possess strong trouble shooting skills. Experience:
- Ten (10) years experience in purchasing, business or education required.
- Business office management experience.
- Contract negotiations and specification development.
- Personnel management.
- Exceptional technology experience. Program Management:
- Assist Director with the administration of the Procurement Services Department to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and district regulations, policies and standards.
- Identify procurement needs and help Director set priorities and achieve department goals.
- Coordinate with the Director in the preparation of accurate reports in spend management, Key Performance Indicators and operating costs for the Department and the District.
- Provide technical assistance where necessary.
- Oversee the Records Management program in the District.
- Assist Director with the planning and development of Procurement Services budget, and capital improvement plan.
- Provides guidance on goods and services procurement, consistent with District policies, applicable laws, and best practices
- Responsible for districtwide acquisition planning and contract execution
- Supervises procurement personnel as assigned by the Director
- Reviews budget and resource allocations and employee performance against department objectives and service delivery items to ensure productivity, high quality work, and workforce development.
- Recommends changes to Director, as needed
- Represents the District at local, state and national organizations and at professional activities to maintain the image of the District and to create public support for departmental programs
- Manages and coordinates special assignments as provided by the Director. Personnel Management and Training:
- Develop and conduct in-service training for District Office and Campus Budget Managers and administrative assistants.
- Oversee training program of new Principals and Assistant Principals and new employees.
- Train and assist new administrative assistants in procurements process and in the use of computers in the purchasing of goods and services.
- Provide management/supervision and coordination of activities of Purchasing Department personnel.
- Train, develop and mentor the Purchasing staff to ensure staff development in providing goods, services and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with Manager of Central Warehouse personnel on operational issues.
- Responsible for assisting district employees and vendors with purchasing problems and procedures.
- Engage in professional growth opportunities to gain an awareness of current "best practices".
- Maintain an awareness of current procurement policy and procedure changes at the federal and state level. Policy and Procedures:
- Interpret personnel policies and procedures and provide assistance in the handling of personnel issues including discipline and grievance procedures.
- Assist Director to develop standards and procedures for all program areas including financial management, personnel management and pupil services and communicate procedures and their purposes to procurement services personnel.
- Develop, revise and maintain procurement services procedure manual. Act as management team member in the development of the department's program goals. Procurement Administration:
- Analyze complex district requirements and identify campus and/or department needs, including; requirements for educational equipment and supplies, school office furniture, maintenance and repair items, constructional and professional services.
- Collaborate with end-users to develop specifications and scopes of work, determine methods of procurement and issue complex solicitation documents in compliance with District policies and State/Federal procurement laws.
- Act as primary cross-functional procurement support in planning and equipping new facilities.
- Develop highly technical specifications and scope of work used in solicitation documents.
- Monitor purchase requisitions, bid, proposals and quotes to insure compliance with laws, TEA guidelines, Board policies and Administrative procedures.
- Facilitate the expediting of purchases and facilitate deliveries.
- Prepare detailed analysis and reports on various aspects of the procurement process to include the gathering of information on behalf of the Director such as audits etc. Communication:
- Establish and maintain a relationship and effective communication between district personnel, management, vendors and patrons.
- Assist Director by acting as a communication link with Procurement Services and Principals, staff, vendors and SBISD Operations departments
- Facilitate committees within the department and throughout the district.
- Work extremely close and effectively with all campuses, departments, and administrators. Other:
- Be familiar with and assist with duties assigned to other division personnel when necessary.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a neat and professional appearance that exemplifies confidence and professionalism.
- Responds promptly to other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Maintains regular, reliable, and punctual attendance
Click Apply then Login. To complete your application, please visit our website at http://www.springbranchisd.com and click on JOIN OUR TEAM / APPLICATION PROCEDURES / ADMINISTRATOR.
Name: Richard Gay
Closing Date: October 31, 2021