- Post solicitations via the City's e-procurement provider and maintain database;
- Act as Procurement's main point of contact and subject matter expert;
- Apply working knowledge of Florida State Statutes;
- Evaluate bid responses and make recommendations to management/department end-users;
- Ensure bids received are valid, responsive, and meet City policy and procedures;
- Research market for most cost-effective and competitive pricing for materials/services;
- Create Purchase Orders and obtain required insurance proof from suppliers;
- Read and understand contract language, track and process contract renewals, and extensions;
- Prepare reports to track the status of procurement activities, maintain databases and logs, and prepare documents/spreadsheets/correspondence;
- Contract administration functions include contractor performance issues, price escalation, and contract renewal tracking;
- Respond to public records requests;
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Associate's Degree and two (2) years of related procurement experience. Governmental procurement experience and professional certification is preferred but other factors will be considered. An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing may be substituted.
PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Must have the physical ability, strength, and flexibility to perform the job functions in the work environment. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability. SALARY & BENEFITS: $17.17 per hour minimum with a benefit package that includes 12 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 11 paid holidays per year; co-sponsored medical, dental, and life insurance plan participation; a 401(a) Retirement Plan, if not currently enrolled in a Retirement Plan with the City, and Social Security coverage.
Full job description and application available effective Tuesday, May 4 at https://www.egovlink.com/winterhaven/postings.asp?listtype=JOB. You can also see all job postings on our website: www.mywinterhaven.com
Name: Human Resources
Closing Date: May 18, 2021