DescriptionJob Summary Serves as a subject matter expert, category manager and mentor to Contract Negotiators and other procurement staff. Leads and participates in special projects/initiatives under the direction of a Deputy Procurement Officer. This position also oversees complex contract negotiations, prepares complex Request for Proposals (RFPs) and contracts, provides leadership to other staff in the absence of senior staff, and assists in the training of Contract Negotiators. Monitors vendor performance, department compliance with strategic contracts, and spend patterns to develop future procurement strategy. Plans, coordinates, and executes major procurement events. Provides presentations at workshops to internal staff and department heads as well as external vendors regarding procurement and contracting topics. Reviews, develops and updates solicitation and contract related information in various systems/applications including Oracle EBS. Performs other duties as assigned. This position is Actively Recruited and At Will
- Graduations from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree. (Must provide original college/university transcript at time of interview)*
- Five (5) years of full-time work experience in public procurement within the past eight (8) years. is required.
- Two (2) years of full-time work experience in contract development and negotiating principles. is required.
- Two (2) years of full-time work experience supervising or training staff. is required. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in category management, strategic sourcing, or coordination of multi-agency procurements.
- Certification in Public Procurement, Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB). **At the time of the interview, candidates may be required to complete an exercise demonstrating their Excel software proficiency level. This exercise will be a part of the selection process.
Applicants must go to the Cook County website - https://www.cookcountyil.gov/service-categories/jobs-and-employment to apply.
Name: Charnette McKnight (Human Resources)
Phone: (312) 603-4454
Closing Date: April 22, 2021