Summary of Job: Under direct supervision of the Procurement Manager and general supervision of the Director – Contracts, Purchasing & Inventory this position is responsible for the administrative support of Agency contracts ranging from products to services and construction.
Essential Job Functions:
• Performs all elements of the procurement solicitation process as follows, but not limited to: Simplified Acquisitions, Invitation to Bid, Request for Proposals, P3, Request for Qualification.
• Prepares Cost Analysis and Price Analysis as required by the solicitation.
• Administers and support the user department in contract monitoring, contract administration and contract compliance.
• Responsible for ensuring that all parties (JTA and Vendor(s)) are complicit with the terms of the contract as well as ensuring that all contracts abide by local and Federal laws.
• Ensures all project records are accurate and up to date.
• Ability to analyze price to issue a fair and reasonable determination.
• Develop contract letters and other communications and notices.
• Assist in the negotiation of Contract Amendment(s) and contract term(s) while ensuring that projects remain within the established budget.
• Attend meetings to assess progress on projects which are in motion and take detailed minutes to share with stakeholders.
• Create regular status reports regarding progress on projects for User Department use.
• Prepare Contract Amendments and coordinate with Contract lead in the User Dept for award and issuance.
• Prepare overall contract and change order analysis as to progress of performance and budget analysis.
• Assist with Purchase Order closeouts and Contract closeouts through collaboration with User Department and Procurement
• Develops and prepares regular reports of the status of contracts.
• Assists in maintaining the database for the contract management system.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory & Operational Authority:
• This position has 0 direct report(s).
• Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes and obtaining Procurement certification through NIGP.
• Responsible for reviewing and complying with all JTA policies, procedures & directives as it relates to procurement and contract management.
• Ensures compliance of appropriate terms and conditions as well as researches and prepares analyses, as required.
• Ensures compliance of relevant Federal regulations such as FAR; FTA Circular 4220.1F and FAR Part 31, Federal Cost Principals; 40 U.S.C. (Brooks Act); Davis-Bacon Act.
• Works closely with Procurement team, legal, project managers, and Diversity Office to ensure contract compliance.
Required/ Preferred Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Law or a related field and a minimum of (2-5) years' experience in contract management or procurement, preferably in the transportation field. Five (5) years minimum experience in lieu of education requirement is acceptable. Professional certification or an MBA is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret legal documents, financial reports and technical documents
• Ability to apply arithmetic concepts such as fractions, ratios and proportions to real scenarios
• Basic understanding of purchasing and supply chain procedures
• Proficiency in common office applications
• Good understanding of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and occupational, safety and environmental regulations and law
• Time management and problem-solving skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• High ethical standards and values with ability to maintain confidentiality regarding audit issues and findings.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities, work under pressure and time constraints.
• Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change.
• Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
• Knowledge of operations, services and activities of contract negotiations and contract compliance.
• Knowledge of the law governing contracts.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local purchasing practices and procedure.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced functions in Microsoft Projects, Excel & Word including lookups and pivot tables.
• Proficient with a financial ERP system (ie. Oracle, PeopleSoft, Ariba, etc.)
• Excellent time management, administrative and organization skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with sensitivity, passion and a focus on unity and equity.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work with diverse teams.
• Excellent listening skills using patience and empathy.
• Ability to use good judgement in making decisions in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and be detail oriented.
• Has strong negotiation and mediation skills
• Possesses superior attention to detail in order to spot inconsistencies on contracts
• Has previous experience in customer service and strong communication skills
• Must have excellent analytical thinking skills and problem-solving abilities
• Should exhibit strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work productively independently and as part of a team
• Sit and or stand for prolonged periods.
• Perform repetitive motion.
Go to: https://external-ebsprd.jtafla.com/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/irc/candidateSelfService/webui/VisVacDispPG&OAHP=IRC_EXT_SITE_VISITOR_APPL&OASF=IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY&akRegionApplicationId=821&transactionid=463689201&retainAM=N&addBreadCrumb=RP&p_svid=9521&p_spid=464081&oapc=4
Name: Edith Inman