Main Purpose Of Job The Business Services Partner (BSP) serves as the primary procurement and contract management officer, point of contact, and technical service provider to assigned Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) division leaders, offices, and units. The BSP will manage the department’s capacity to effectively meet the procurement and contract management goals of all divisions by working directly with MSDE program leaders.
- Serves as the primary officer, point of contact, service provider, and strategic partner for assigned divisional leaders and offices to ensure annual procurement and contract management goals are met
- Utilizes best in class strategies to work with assigned divisional leaders and offices to implement and ensure procurement and contracting service level agreements to support MSDE’s multiyear strategic plan and Blueprint for Maryland’s Future initiatives
- Oversees the entire life cycle that makes up MSDE’s procurement and contract management processes and practices to ensure high-quality services across the department
- Manages all procurement & contract management processes. Serves as the subject matter expert to drive continuous improvement in MSDE’s internal and external business services practices
- Represents State Superintendent of Schools and MSDE leadership at statewide procurement advisory group meetings and trainings
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Five years of professional public sector procurement, or private sector contracting experience, which included activities such as soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts, advertising procurement opportunities, distributing specifications to vendors, coordinating bidder evaluation committees, conducting vendor debriefings, monitoring contract performance, eProcurement management, professional certification or procurement business operations.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute a Doctorate of Jurisprudence (JD) degree or a Master’s degree in Business Administration for two years of the required experience. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualification.
- Experience with State of Maryland Procurement laws, regulations, policies, application and software
- Experience using Financial Management Information System (FMIS) supervisory experience of Procurement staff
- Experience with eMaryland Marketplace Contract Management
- Certification as a Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services or willingness to complete the Procurement Professional Certification within one year of appointment.
To apply please click the link below https://www.jobapscloud.com/MD/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=22&R2=005479&R3=9015
Name: Chris Langley
Closing Date: October 13, 2023