Highly skilled, responsible professional performing specialized work in a centralized procurement operation to develop and coordinate City procurement requirements. Working under the general direction of the Procurement Manager, the position communicates with employees, vendors and professionals regarding the City's purchasing activities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Facilitate the complete procurement and contracting process to provide guidance related to procedures and compliance with applicable laws and policies.
- Develop and include appropriate documents for the procurement process used for each specific solicitation.
- Respond to vendors with specific requirements for their participation in the procurement process.
- Analyze bids, proposals, and quotes for completeness and compliance to solicitation requirements.
- Understanding of terms and conditions associated with the procurement process.
- Create tabulation forms based on evaluation criteria and compile results from evaluation committee meetings and prepare related correspondence.
- Utilize electronic tools to locate and solicit vendors.
- Coordinate the review of contracts, insurance, and bonding requirements with supporting departments, including Risk Management, City Attorney, and others.
- Assist in securing and maintaining required insurance and licenses.
- Document and track all contract components and monitor expiration dates in electronic systems.
- Manage continuing contract needs for departments and for citywide services.
- Communicate effectively with project managers, vendors, departments, and staff.
- Assist Procurement Manager with training procurement staff, documenting procedures, analyzing data, and providing reports.
- Other duties, as assigned by Procurement Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities; education and/or experience; and, certificates or licenses required in order to fill the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques of centralized purchasing.
- Knowledge of contract negotiations, contract development with insurance and bonding requirements.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and procedures applicable to public agency purchasing.
- Knowledge of computer systems pertaining to procurement and financial management.
- Ability to secure proper documentation and specific language for contracts.
- Ability to gather, analyze, interpret, and summarize data.
- Ability to determine appropriate procurement method and utilize eProcurement.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to locate sources for supplies and services.
- Ability to evaluate current market conditions, pricing, and sourcing.
- Ability to operate a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees and vendors. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Public or Business Administration, or a closely related field.
- Two to five years of experience in developing solicitation documents, managing bid openings, and analyzing submissions; and in understanding contract components to award and execute contracts.
- A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.