DescriptionThe City of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin is a beautiful and thriving community of 44,678 located at the foot of Lake Winnebago. Fond du Lac is a great place to live and work and its recreational opportunities are second-to-none. In addition, Fond du Lac is only an hour away from Green Bay, Milwaukee and Madison and all those communities have to offer. The City of Fond du Lac is accepting applications for the position of Deputy Procurement Officer. This full-time position reports directly to the Director of Administration and is responsible for managing the procurement of materials, equipment and services on a citywide basis as part of the centralized purchasing program in accordance with Federal, Wisconsin State Statutes, City ordinances and administrative policies.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Project Management - work with internal stakeholders and vendors to predict resources needed to reach objectives. Provide guidance on project budgets, manage contracts and negotiations with vendors and provide updates to stakeholders on a consistent basis. Monitor and mentor project teams to ensure goals of project are being met and City resources used in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Procurement - procure a wide variety of high-volume and complex materials, services, equipment and supplies. Review and evaluate solicitations and contracts to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, policies and procedures.
- Disposal of Surplus Assets - administer and manage the operation asset safeguarding policy and procedures in place.
- Bid/Quote Management - establish standard contract clauses for use in contracts, solicitations and purchase orders. Receive and evaluate proposals and bids and award or recommend the award of contracts. Conduct pre-bid or pre-proposal conferences.
- Policy/Procedure Development - analyze, develop, recommend, implement and maintain City-Wide policies and procedures related to procurement and contract review.
- Software - administer purchasing application software; administer and maintain multiple inventory platforms across multiple departments.
- Communication - establish and maintain positive working relationships and communication across internal departments and employees, vendors, community members and City Council.
Qualifications and requirements include: Proven effective verbal and written communication proficiency and success in managing multiple assignments concurrently and meeting critical and time-sensitive deadlines. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with emphasis on purchasing, accounting, finance, or business management with two years of responsible experience in the purchasing field. Public Procurement Certifications (CPPB or CPPO) are desirable. Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
The City of Fond du Lac offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package including paid time off; health, life, dental, and vision insurance; long-term disability; 457 and Roth retirement plans; and participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. This continues to be one of the best-funded public employee retirement systems in the country. The financial strength of the WRS is attributable to its unique plan design, funding discipline, strong governance, and the effective investment strategies of the State of Wisconsin Investment Board. This is an exempt position with a minimum salary of $70,620 based on knowledge, skills and abilities/qualifications. Position is open until filled. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please submit a completed application and resume describing your experience as it relates directly to this position. You may obtain application materials by visiting the City website at https://www.fdl.wi.gov/hr/deputy-procurement-officer/ or by contacting City Human Resources at (920) 322-3624.
Name: Jackie Braatz