WORK OBJECTIVE: Performs senior-level specialized work in procurement. The position is responsible for managing the public purchasing, bidding, and contract awards process while ensuring compliance with regulatory standards and governing guidelines. Work is performed under general supervision with latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment. Position relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach by using and interpreting policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this position. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Represents the Village of Wellington to all present and prospective vendors.
- Coordinates the purchase and acquisition of all commodities, services, or other items needed by Wellington except as otherwise provided.
- Establishes purchasing and procurement policies and procedures, e.g., developing specifications; inspections for conformance with specifications; purchasing requests and standard forms; contract administration; invoice confirmations/verifications; internal controls and audit systems.
- Consolidates purchases of like or common items to obtain the maximum economic benefit and cost savings. Pursues the most economically efficient and cost-effective solutions for Village purchasing and procurement needs, e.g., supplier discount opportunities; purchasing consolidations; resource sharing; surplus property management; competitive bid analysis.
- Determines the lowest or highest responsible and responsive bidder/proposer; negotiates and recommends execution of contracts for the purchase of commodities or services.
- Ensures the effective and current maintenance of vendor files; responds to vendor inquiries and concerns; evaluates purchasing feedback from suppliers.
- Assists with grants and FEMA purchasing and reporting.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends, pricing, and regulatory developments as such relates to public purchasing and procurement and contract administration.
- Maintains internal controls and reporting with respect to purchasing.
- Performs related duties as directed when such duties are a logical and appropriate assignment to the position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: HS Diploma or GED required; Associated Degree preferred; supplemented by four (4) or more years of public purchasing professional experience; Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) designation or equivalent strongly desired; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience. Possession of a valid Florida driver's license required.
How to Apply Applications accepted at: https://wellingtonfl.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities/default.aspx You may access the job description and apply by clicking on the link or reading below: https://www.wellingtonfl.gov/careers