Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define types of specifications.
- Define solicitation methods.
- Identify the differences between Request for Proposals and Invitation for Bids.
- When given a list of bids, determine the bid that is the best value.
- Define contract pricing types.
Welcome to the NIGP eLearning module: Procurement Cycle – Solicitation Development Phase. This on-demand course provides an overview of the solicitation development phase of the procurement cycle. The solicitation development phase is the second phase of the procurement cycle. During this phase, the solicitation for the purchase is created, the solicitation method is selected, and the contract is created. From the selected decisions, bids are evaluated, and the winning supplier is contracted. The culmination of this phase is the selection of the supplier to fulfill the contract..
This on-demand course is part 2 of 3 in the Procurement Cycle Series.