Objectives and Intended Outcomes
This course is based on higher dollar sealed competitive negotiation procurement. It covers the skills and knowledge needed for this type of procurement. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify questions that should be asked at the beginning of the RFP process.
- Use an RFP outline to develop a RFP.
- Develop a checklist to assess whether a proposal is responsive.
- Compare different methods of reaching a final decision.
- Develop a strategy for debriefing unsuccessful proposers.
The RFP process consists of four phases. This self-paced course takes students on a journey through the four phases: Gathering Information, Preparing the RFP, Publishing the RFP, and Awarding the RFP. This version of the course includes a built-in project assignment that allows learners to demonstrate mastery of the topic. In order to pass this course, students must successfully complete each Phase project, which are reviewed by an NIGP certified Instructor. Learners will get feedback and guidance from the Instructor on their project submission. A final test is not required for this version of the course. Learners can take as much or as little time needed to complete this self-paced course.