Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the processes of the Project Integration Management knowledge area
- Describe the inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs of the knowledge area's component processes
- Use the project charter and project management plan to effectively lead, direct, and execute project management activities
- Monitor project progress and employ an integrated change control methodology to prevent unintended consequences
- Capture project knowledge and lessons learned and apply this information to current and future project work
- Formally close a project, phase, or contract
This course was designed as a supplemental study guide for the major content areas of Chapter 3 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Sixth Edition. In this course, you will learn how processes in the Project Integration Management knowledge area encourage relationships among project processes to keep the project's activities coordinated and on track for success. You will begin to create the important project plans and documents that will help you manage, monitor, and control your projects. And you will start to develop thoughts on the actions you will need to take to formally close your project or project phase.
This course aligns with the PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition. (The PMBOK® Guide is not included in the cost of this course and must be purchased separately.)
Taking advantage of online interactivity, the course contains a vocabulary game, flashcards, and other activities to help you master the material.