This course was designed as a supplemental study guide for the major content areas of Chapter 9 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Sixth Edition. In this course, you will learn how to plan for, acquire, and manage the physical and human resources necessary for project completion. You will learn how to acquire and negotiate the best staff, how to define roles and responsibilities in project documentation, and how to employ the essentials of good people management. In addition, you will learn how to facilitate a team environment and supply a project with the appropriate materials, equipment, facilities, and infrastructure needed for success. You will learn how to properly allocate resources on a project and control their utilization.
This course prepares learners to take the current edition of the PMI PMP® certification exam, which will be discontinued by PMI® as of January 2, 2021.
This course aligns with the PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition. (The PMBOK® Guide is not included in the cost of this course and must be purchased separately.)
Taking advantage of online interactivity, the course contains a vocabulary game, flashcards, and other activities to help you master the material.
Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe how staffing is planned for and acquired in an organization
- Explain how internal and external staff will have different management needs
- Recognize and manage for constraints and limited availability of human resources
- Apply resource optimization techniques to deal with limited human resources
- Identify and choose between the various techniques for visually representing the roles and responsibilities of individuals, teams, and organizations
- Describe what makes a successful team and how project managers can assess and develop their teams and individual workers
- Employ effective people management, including how to motivate and manage teams and how to resolve team conflict
- Identify the general approaches to decision making, and how they might be applied to project scenarios
This course is designed for adult learners with some project management experience.