Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the basic communication models and how these models can be applied to Project Communications Management techniques
- Identify the various inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs of Project Communications Management activities
- Explain the basics of effective communication in the context of project management
- Describe the importance of the communications management plan
- Conduct communication requirements analysis to determine how communications will be planned for in the communications management plan
- Identify the different methods and technologies of communication, and explain under which circumstances specific methods and technologies are more likely to be successful
- Explain the conventions of creating performance reports that use variance analysis and forecasting techniques to update stakeholders on the progress of the project
This course is designed for adult learners with some project management experience.
This course was designed as a supplemental study guide for the major content areas of Chapter 9 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Sixth Edition. In this course, you will learn how to plan for, acquire, and manage the physical and human resources necessary for project completion. You will learn how to acquire and negotiate the best staff, how to define roles and responsibilities in project documentation, and how to employ the essentials of good people management. In addition, you will learn how to facilitate a team environment and supply a project with the appropriate materials, equipment, facilities, and infrastructure needed for success. You will learn how to properly allocate resources on a project and control their utilization.
This course aligns with the PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition. (The PMBOK® Guide is not included in the cost of this course and must be purchased separately.)
Taking advantage of online interactivity, the course contains a vocabulary game, flashcards, and other activities to help you master the material.