Objectives and Intended Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the basic communication models and how these models can be applied to Project Communications Management techniques
- Identify the various inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs of Project Communications Management activities
- Explain the basics of effective communication in the context of project management
- Describe the importance of the communications management plan
- Conduct communication requirements analysis to determine how communications will be planned for in the communications management plan
- Identify the different methods and technologies of communication, and explain under which circumstances specific methods and technologies are more likely to be successful
- Explain the conventions of creating performance reports that use variance analysis and forecasting techniques to update stakeholders on the progress of the project
This course was designed as a supplemental study guide for the major content areas of Chapter 10 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Sixth Edition. In this course, you will learn how project management teams can effectively communicate with the project's various stakeholders.
This course aligns with the PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition. (The PMBOK® Guide is not included in the cost of this course and must be purchased separately.)
Taking advantage of online interactivity, the course contains a vocabulary game, flashcards, and other activities to help you master the material.